Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Story (na naman na hindi matatapos) - I will wait forever - Chapter 11

I WILL WAIT FOREVER CHAPTER 11 – The confrontation


Justin talked to Ryan after they went to the basement. He didn’t know what Ryan’s intentions are, but there’s one thing that he’s sure of - Macy is special for him, more special than any other girl that he dated.

“I don’t need to explain why I did what I did a while ago…” Ryan said as soon as they were in their room. “No, I’m not going to confront you about that. I just want to know what you really want…”

Ryan looked at him. “Justin… I love her…” he said in a low voice. Justin was finally relieved when Ryan told him the truth, but at the same time, he was scared that his friend might hurt Macy. “Are you sure with that?”
“I am… nobody made me feel this way… nobody cared about me like she does… I love her, and I know that she loves me as well…”
“And are you ready to commit yourself to her?”

Commitment. This is the word that Ryan was trying to avoid all of his life. He never got serious with all of his so-called girlfriends because he’s afraid to be tied down to just one person. He wanted to explore things. Telling Macy that he loves her means that he must commit himself to her. But deep down, he knows that he’s still not ready.

“I… I’m not sure… I’m not sure if I am ready for a commitment…” he answered. Justin shook his head in dismay. He was disappointed, because he thought Ryan would change for Macy. “So you’re saying that you will continue with your old ways while going steady with Macy? That’s absurd!”
“We haven’t really talked about it… we were supposed to until you and Rica opened the door…”

Ryan looked outside the window, and he saw Macy by the beach, watching the sea and the stars. “I love her… but I don’t know if I’m ready… and I’m scared to hurt her…” he said. “And besides,” he continued. “I feel that if we got together, people in school wouldn’t understand why a popular guy like e would fall in love with an ordinary girl like her…”
“Or are you afraid that people would laugh at you when they found out that your girlfriend is the class nerd?” Justin said. “Why Ryan? Is your reputation as the Big Man on Campus still matters to you?” he continued.

Ryan lowered his head as he listened to Justin. “Man… you must be insane! Don’t tell me you’ll be giving up the girl you love just for reputation…”
“We can keep everything a secret until…”
“Until you can be proud of her? Until all the people would stop laughing at her? You’re really insane…” Justin said, shaking his head. “I can’t believe you’re my best friend…”
“No, Justin. Until I’m ready to tell the world that I love her…”
“And you’ll still go out with other girls?”
“No!”

Justin let out a big sigh. He know that no matter what he says to his friend, he wouldn’t follow him. “Let me remind you, that you once lost your best friend because of that stupid popularity thing… I don’t want you to lose the girl you love just because of it…”

After that, he left Ryan alone in the room.


Ryan decided to join Macy at the beach. He have to talk about them. “I have to tell her…” he thought. He wen behind him and put his arms around her. “Hey…”

0 comments: