Friday, May 18, 2007

Story (na naman na hindi matatapos): I will wait forever - chapter 3

I WILL WAIT FOREVER -CHAPTER 3 - First Encounter


She felt like she's in heaven. She never thought that Ryan would offer his friendship. "God... am i dreaming?" Macy thought. Ever since the start of the classes at the University, Macy had a huge crush on Ryan. She even remembered their very first encounter...

It was during their freshmen orientation when she first saw Ryan. She was rushing to the Auditorium when somebody knocked her off. She fell on the floor, and her eyeglasses fell on the floor. Since there were a lot of students walking around, her eyeglasses got kicked around, and she had a hard time looking for it. "My eyeglasses! Where's my eyeglasses?!" she said to herself. She was already in a panic. Just then, she heard a voice behind her, and a hand gripped on her shoulder to help her stand up. Even though she doesn't have her glasses, she could see how the guy who helped her look like. "I bet this guy's cute. Wait till I get my glasses..." she thought. "Here you go... be careful next time..." the guy said as she handed her her glasses. She immediately took the glasses and wore it. She saw the guy who helped her smiling at her. "Be careful next time..." he said again. "Thanks..." she said shyly. She watched in awe as the guy walked away from the crowd. "My savior..." she thought. It was the beginning of the school year when she finally knew the name of the guy who helped her - it was Ryan.

Macy smiled as she reminisced how they first met. "I bet he doesn't remember that..." she thought. She also remembered the time that she fell from the stairs. She thought that Ryan would help her, but he saw him laughing with all the students that saw her accident.

She have always wanted to befriend Ryan, but since that incident, she decided that he was way to cool to be her friend. She had always thought that Ryan is different from the other "cool" students on school, but she found out that he's one of them.

Ever since the start of the second semester, Macy did not befriend anyone on the campus. Yes, she had friends during the start of the school year, but she realized that they only befriend her because they can get something from her. And behind her back, her so-called friends would laugh and sneer at her.

And now, she has just gained a new friend. She never thought that Ryan would consider her as his friend, even after their tutorials. It seems that her first year in college would have a happy ending after all.

====================================================================

Macy was getting her books from her locker when she saw a girl fell on the floor. She was carrying a lot of art materials, and the papers and brushes fell all over the place. "She's as clumsy as I am..." she thought. She immediately closed her locker door and rushed towards her. She helped her pick up the girl's things on the floor. "Clumsy me..." the girl said. "Don't worry, I'm clumsier than you!" Macy said.

The girl looked at her and smiled. As soon as the got all of her things, they stood up. "Thanks for helping me. By the way, I'm Rica." the girl said as she extends her hand to Macy. "I'm Macy."

Macy carried Rica's things as they walked through her locker. She found out that Rica owns the locker just next to her. "Isn't that great? We're almost like neighbors!" Rica said. "Yeah!" she replied. As soon as she's finished, Rica asked her to join her for a snack at the cafeteria.

"Are you always alone?" Rica asked as she sipped her drink. Macy looked up at her and smiled. "Most of the time, I'm alone..." Macy replied. "Why'd you ask?"
"Well... the truth is... I've been observing you since the start of our classes. You seem a little reserved..."

Macy still smiled at her. "I'm the class nerd. Most of the people laugh at me because I'm different. I do stupid and clumsy things sometimes... If I seem a little reserved, its because I want to protect myself, because I don't want people to laugh or sneer at me all the time..." This time, Macy felt tears wants to fall from her eyes.

Rica stood up and sat beside her. She can see the tears that's coming out of her eyes. "I can't say that I know how you feel because in reality, I don't..." she started. "But I understand what it felt to be an outcast. People considered me weird, and they do stay away from me. It's like I'm a plague... and that they have to stay away from me..."
"Why?"
"Because I didn't take a bath!" Rica said, smelling her armpit.

Macy laughed at what Rica said. "I thought you were serious!" she said between laughs. "It's about time that you laugh! You're so serious with life!" Rica answered.

The hang out the whole afternoon. They got to know more about each other. Macy learned that Rica was a Fine Arts student in the University, and like her, she's a loner. It was almost night time when they finally said goodbye to each other. "I'll see you tomorrow, Macy!" Rica shouted as she hopped on the bus.


====================================================================

Later that night, Rica called her. They where talking on the phone for almost 2 hours. It was almost midnight when they hung up. After a few minutes, as Macy got ready to sleep, the phone rang again. She answered the phone, thinking it was Rica again. "Hey Rica, I'm about to sleep..." she said. "Huh? Rica?" the guy on the other line said. It was Ryan. "Uh... sorry, I was talking to a friend two hours ago... I thought she was you..." she explained.
"That explains why I didn't see you today. I was about to ask you out for dinner, but I couldn't find you..."

Macy smiled as Ryan told her that he was looking for her. They talked on the phone for an hour, exchanging stories on how their day was. "Hey... I guess we better sleep or we'll be late for our classes tomorrow..." Macy finally said. She was already sleepy, but she stayed up late to talk to Ryan. "Yeah, I guess so. Hey... Let's hang out tomorrow, OK?"
"Sure... no prob!"

Just as she hangs the phone and lay down to sleep, she smiled. She would sleep like a baby tonight, and tomorrow, she'll see Ryan again...



To be continued...