Thursday, May 24, 2007

Story (na naman na hindi matatapos): I will wait forever - chapter 7

I WILL WAIT FOREVER - CHAPTER 7 - Realizations


"Oh my God... I'm really in love with him... I shouldn't... I shouldn't feel this way... He's my friend... and I don't want this to ruin our friendship... I have to stop this... I have to do something..."

====================================================================

Summer Vacation.

Macy was glad that the summer vacation came too soon. She was relieved that she got exempted in most of her classes, and she doesn't have to go to the university and see Ryan with his new girlfriend. The last time that she heard from Ryan, is that he's dating a cheerleader, who was an ex-girlfriend of another varsity player. "At least it's not another girl that Justin really likes..." she thought.

It was Friday afternoon when Rica visited her. "Isn't it great to be a gifted child? You have an excuse to be absent to your classes during the finals week because you're exempted!" she said. "Well, actually, I happy that my semester ended earlier that usual... at least I don't have to see..." she paused for a while, still deciding if she would tell Rica about her feelings for Ryan.

Rica knew that she's tutoring Ryan, and they're friends. She also knew that it was Macy who helped Ryan patch things up with Justin. "See who? Don't tell me you have an enemy?"
"No... no... I don't have any enemies in school..."
"Is there someone bugging you or teasing you? You want me to give them a lesson?" Rica said as she rolled up her sleeves.
"No... it's just that..."
"Don't tell me that..."

Macy looked at her. Rica could already see the answer in her eyes. "Are you in love with Ryan?" she nodded. "Is that the reason why you kept your distance from him?" Again, Macy nodded.

After Macy and Ryan talked about the thing that happened between them, Macy decided not to continue with the Math tutorials since the following week is the finals week. She lied to him about getting ready for her finals, which isn't true since she got exempted in all of her subjects. She didn't even answered or returned his calls, and whenever he's around, she makes it look like she's busy with something else so that she can avoid him.

"Then, what are you going to do now?"
"I... I really don't know, Rica. As long as I can keep away from him, I'll do that..."
"Aren't you at least going to let him know?"
"What for? I could never be his girlfriend, Rica. I can only be his friend and his tutor. Anything that could happen beyond our friendship would be a wishful thinking... and I just don't want to take the risk..."

Rica went up to her and gave her a hug. "I don't want to ruin our friendship... "
"But, aren't you ruining your friendship by what you're doing right now? And if you'll do this, he'll suspect that you're falling for him!"

Rica's right. She know that she shouldn't have avoided Ryan, if she still wants to be friends with him.

"Didn't you know that the guy is bugging me about you?" Rica said. "He did?" Macy said, excitedly. "Yeah... I just told him that you're busy with the finals..."
"What else did he say?"
"Well... after that, he saw his new girlfriend and hang out with her..."

Macy was happy that Ryan asked about her, but she felt jealous when she heard about his girlfriend. "And, oh yeah..." Rica continued. "remember that cute friend of his named Justin? He invited us for a vacation at their place. I said yes."

====================================================================

It's been almost two weeks since he last saw Macy, and Ryan missed her a lot. Actually, Ryan is more concerned if Macy's still mad at him. After they talked about the kiss, Macy told him that she wouldn't be able to tutor him since it's already finals week.

"Maybe she's still mad, but she won't show it..." he thought. He tried to catch up with her, but whenever he sees her, it's either she's talking to a professor or hanging out with her friend, Rica. "Why can't she tell me if she's still mad? Or maybe she's not mad... maybe she's..."

A thought struck Ryan. "Is she in love with me?" he said to himself. He remembered the time that he kissed her on the cheek. If only Macy didn't stopped him, he could've kissed her on the lips as well. Since then, things have changed between them. She seemed aloof whenever he's around, and she tried to avoid him. "Did I gave her a wrong impression?"

He must admit, he feels happy whenever she's with Macy. It's something that he never felt whenever he's with his teammates, or with his girlfriends. He feels contented whenever she's around. Nobody cared about him, except Macy. "She's an angel..." he thought. "And if she is in love with me... then I'm the luckiest guy... but am I worth it?"

===================================================================

"You did what?" Macy was shocked when Rica told her that they will join Ryan and Justin at the latter's vacation house. "Hey... we badly needed a vacation after a horrible sem... we have to go, Mace!" Rica explained. "and it's their way of saying "thank you" for the things you've done for them..." she continued.

"Ryan's more than enough to thank me..." Macy thought. She was both happy and scared with the thought of being with Ryan for a week. Happy, because after a long time of avoiding him, they would be able to hang out and talk. Scared, because her feelings for him might be to obvious, and she might end up losing Ryan's friendship if he found out that she's in love with him. "Come on, you have to go with me..." Rica said, bugging her to say yes. "Ok... OK... just this once... I'll go with you..."

===================================================================

It was Saturday afternoon when Ryan went to Justin's place. He called him up a while ago, and told Justin that he have to talk to him about a situation he's confused with.

"I have to tell you, Peer Club's not working during vacation... especially when the member's at home!" Justin joked as soon as he saw Ryan. "I just need an advice..."
"If it's about girls, don't think about it. You're the expert regarding it!"
"Yeah, it's about a girl... and it's a serious one..."

Justin took a seat beside him and began to listen to Ryan. "Remember the night that you finally talked to me, and we went out to celebrate with Macy?" Ryan began. "Yeah... I remember that. By the way, I asked Macy and her friend Rica to join us at our vacation house. You know what they say - the more the merrier!" Justin said.

Ryan simply smiled when he told him about the vacation. Not only will he be able to see Macy again, he will have the chance to talk to her.

"So you were saying about that night?"
"Well... you see... I did something stupid and I think she got mad that night..."

Justin wondered what he did to Macy that night. "Don't tell me you kissed her..." Justin said it as a joke. Ryan didn't answer him. He knew that if Ryan didn't react to his joke, it's true. "Man... you did kissed her?" he said in awe. "I... I couldn't help it, Justin. I was so happy that night... I kissed her..."

Even though he doesn't know enough about Macy, he know that she's vulnerable. "Whoa..." he said in disbelief. "I can't believe you did that to her..."
"We already talked about it, and it was her who said that we should forget about the kiss. But, she began to avoid me. She even told me she wouldn't be able to help me with Math because she'll prepare for the finals, but I found out that she's exempted in all of her classes..."

Justin shook his head as he listened to Ryan's explanation. "I want to talk to her, and ask her if she's mad or something, but she's avoiding me..."
"She might be... she might be thinking that you're just taking advantage of her..."
"You know that I wouldn't do that to her..."
"I guess you two have to talk when we pick them up on Monday." Justin said as he walked towards the kitchen to take drink. "What if she doesn't want to talk to me?"
"She doesn't have a choice. If she still avoids you, then it only means one thing..."

Ryan looked at him, wondering what he means. Justin could read his eyes asking him what he meant. "Man, you should know! She's covering her feelings for you!"

====================================================================

Monday morning came. Justin and Ryan picked up Macy and Rica at Macy's house. "It's gonna be a long ride..." Justin said as he put the girls' things at the back of his van. "How long does it take to get there?" Rica asked. "Maybe around 2 or 3 hours..."

Meanwhile, Ryan tried to approach Macy. This time, she didn't avoid him. "So, how was your finals?" he asked. "It was OK... how about your math finals? Did you had a hard time?"
"No. I was able to answer it all..."

After talking about their finals, they became silent. After a few more minutes, Justin called them. "Come one, guys! We have to get there before afternoon!" He shouted. As soon as they walked towards the van, Rica immediately took the front seat. "Hey..." Macy whispered to Rica. "We're supposed to be together..."
"Sorry, girl, but me and Justin have to talk about something" Rica said, then she gave Macy a wink. Macy didn't have a choice but to sit at the back beside Ryan.

Along the way, Ryan and Macy didn't talk. They just listened to what Rica and Justin were discussing about. After a while, Macy decided to look outside the window and watch the scenery. She was also thinking of what to say to Ryan, just to break the ice. Suddenly, she felt his head fell down on her shoulder. Ryan was fast asleep.

"I'm sorry about that, Macy. Ryan easily falls asleep when it's really silent." Justin said to her. She simply looked at Ryan, and fixed his head so that he'll be more comfortable. "He looks like a little boy when he sleeps..." she thought. She fixed her eyes on Ryan as she watched him, then she leaned on the window to have a nap.

She was in her deep slumber when she felt someone moving her head. She slightly opened her eyes, and he saw Ryan putting her head on his shoulder.


To be continued...

0 comments: