Friday, May 25, 2007

Story (na naman na hindi matatapos): I will wait forever - chapter 8

I WILL WAIT FOREVER - CHAPTER 8 - Roses



Ryan woke up from a short nap during their 3-hour drive. He saw Macy sleeping beside him, her head leaning on the window. He watched her as she sleep. "I wonder what she's dreaming about..." he thought. He saw that Macy's position is uncomfortable, so he carefully took her head and put it in his shoulder. After that, he leaned on her head and took another nap.

Meanwhile, Justin and Rica were talking about their friends. "Do you know why Macy's avoiding Ryan lately?" Justin asked. "Well... of course I know, but I wouldn't tell you!"
"Fine... Did you know that Ryan was so affected when Macy said to him that she won't be able to help him with calculus?"
"Really?"
"Yup. So, we have to make a plan so that they would patch things up between them..."

==================================================================

"Could it be that I'm dreaming?" Macy said to herself. She was half-awake, and she could feel Ryan's arms around her. She could also feel his head leaning against hers. "If I'm dreaming, I don't want to wake up..." she thought. Ryan pulled her closer to him. "Hmmm... I wonder what it's like to be his girl..." Macy thought. She fixed her position, then started to nap again.

They finally reached their destination. Ryan woke up, then he looked at Macy. "She looks cute when she's sleeping..." he thought. Rica and Justin went out of the van, and took their things at the back. "You better wake her up, Ryan." he heard Rica said to him. He slowly shook Macy to wake her up. "Hey sleepyhead... we're here..." he whispered on her ears. Macy opened her eyes. They stayed inside the van for the a few seconds before deciding to get out. They followed Justin and Rica inside the house.

The four were greeted by the caretakers of the house. Justin introduced them to the caretakers. "If you need anything, just ask them. Don't worry guys... they don't bite." Justin said. One of the caretakers name Josie helped Rica and Macy with their things, and then she showed them their room. "Just call me when you need anything." Josie said as she smiled at the two girls. After that, she left to join the other helpers.

"This room is so cool! You can view the beach on this side!" Rica said the moment that they're alone. Macy simply smiled at her. She was busy fixing her things. "Why are you so quiet. Did something happened at the back seat that I didn't know?" Rica said playfully. "Nothing happened... so cut it out..." Macy replied. Rica still have that playful smile on her face. She stood next to Macy, who's still busy, then she started to tickle her. "Come on... tell me. What happened? Did he kissed you?" Rica said as she tickles Macy. "No! Cut it out, Rica!" Macy said between laughs.

Just then, Ryan entered the room, and he saw the two girls. Rica stopped tickling Macy, then they looked at him. "Sorry to barge in... Justin said we have to go to the Market to buy
something. He can't come because he have to fix our room..." he said. The two girls looked at each other. "Why don't you come with Ryan, Mace. I also have to do something here..." Rica said, then she gave her a wink. Macy was hesitant to go with Ryan, but she have no choice. "OK... I'll go with you..." she said as she followed Ryan out of the room.

===================================================================

"I can't believe you finally thought of something!" Rica said the moment she saw Justin. Justin looked at her and smiled. "Thought of what?"
"You know... Ryan and Macy going together at the market..."
"It's not a plan" Justin declared. "We forgot to buy meat for the barbecue so I asked Ryan to go to the market. I'm already tired..." he continued. Rica was surprised but what he said. "You didn't?"
"Yeah... I didn't even know that he's with Macy... I thought he'll be going alone."
"Well... he asked... scratch that... he told us that we have to go to the market, so I told Macy to go with him..."

They were silent for a while, assessing what's really going on. "Could it be that..." Justin said, still analyzing Ryan's move. "Did he planned it?" Rica asked. "Could be... maybe he just needs time alone with Macy..."

==================================================================

The two were silent the whole time that they drove to the market. Ryan would try to open a conversation with Macy, but it would end soon.

After they bought the meat, they decided to go home. As they went to the van, Ryan saw a little girl selling roses. "How much are those roses?" he asked. "5 pesos for a stem of rose." The girl said, smiling at him. Ryan took his wallet, and handed the girl a hundred bucks. "I'll buy all of those roses..." he said as he handed the girl his money. The little girl was amazed. "Wow... thank you, sir!" she said as she took the money, and gave Ryan the roses.

Ryan went back inside the van, and he saw Macy leaning by the window. "Hey..." he said. Macy looked up at her and smiled. "I... I really don't know what happened... but I just want to tell you that all those times that we were not together... I really missed you..."
"I... I missed you too..." Macy answered.

Ryan showed her the bouquet of roses and gave it to her. "For you, my angel..." he said. Macy was surprised when he gave her the roses. "T-thank you..." she said in a low voice. "Macy... promise me you won't be mad at me..."
"I'm not mad at you... I'm really sorry if I was avoiding you... it's just that..."

Ryan put his finger on her lips, and she stopped to talk. "You said that you don't need to find a reason in everything. I understand why you avoided me... just promise me you won't do that again..." After saying that, he caressed her cheeks as he lovingly looked at her. "You're my angel... you'll always be..." he said in a low voice.

Macy smiled at him. "Why is it that whenever I'm with you, I find myself more in love with you?" she thought. Ryan moved closer to her. He was so close that she could feel his heart beat. "Is he going to kiss me again?" she thought. She gently closed her eyes as she awaits for his kiss...


To be continued...

0 comments: