Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Story (na naman na hindi matatapos) - I will wait forever - Chapter 12

I WILL WAIT FOREVER – CHAPTER 12 – A Summer Memory


Three more days remaining from their vacation. Ryan wanted to make most out it. He also want to make it memorable for him, and Macy. Whenever he goes, he makes sure that Macy’s with her. Whenever they stroll at the beach, Ryan would get a stick and write their names on the sand. They watch as the sea wash up their writings on the sand.

“What if you realized that you didn’t really love me at all?” Macy once asked as she watched Ryan wrote her name on the sand. Ryan looked up at her and smile. “That wouldn’t happen…” he assured her. “What if you did? What if after this summer, everything just changes?”

Ryan stopped scribbling, “Maybe a few things will change…” he said. “but one thing’s for sure – I will always love you…”

Macy didn’t answer and gave him a faint smile. Ryan noticed her silence. “Is there something wrong? Did I say something that you didn’t liked?” he asked. “No, I’m just happy that you’re here with me…”

Ryan walked towards her, He looked into her eyes, as he cupped his cheek onto his palm. “I know this set-up’s difficult for you…but, I hope you understand that I’m not yet ready to commit myself to you…”

Macy smiled at him. “I told you, I’m willing to wait until you’re ready…” she said. “There’s one more thing…”she heard him said. “I hope it’s OK with you…”
“I know what you’re going to say…” she said, interrupting Ryan. “You want to keep this thing a secret?”
Ryan bit his lips as he slowly nodded his head. “I understand… It’s OK with me…” she said. “Are you sure?”
“Yes.”

Ryan hugged her tight. “Thank you, my angel.”

==================================================================================

They went back to Manila after a week’s stay at Justin’s vacation house. Whenever they had a chance, they would spend a day together. They would either hang out the mall, or at the park. Whenever Macy’s mom gave them permission, they would drive outside the city, and stroll at the beach.

During her birthday, Ryan surprised her. He arranged a candlelit dinner at the park near her house. Before they went to the park, he put a blindfold on her eyes. He held her hands as he lead her to the park. “Tell me what’s this all about, please?” she pleaded. She was excited about his surprise for her. “If I tell you now, then it wouldn’t be a surprise!”

As they reached their spot, he carefully took off her blindfold. “Don’t peek! At the count of three, open your eyes. One… Two… Three…” She gently opened her eyes. She was surprised when she saw a table, filled with all of her favorite foods. At the center of the table are three lighted candles, with a bunch of rosebuds around it. She was speechless when she saw his surprise. “Wow…” she finally said. She turned to Ryan, who was smiling at her. “Is this really for me?” she asked. Ryan simply nodded. “This surprise is for my angel…” he said.

He helped her to her seat, then he took the seat in front of her. They shared a sumptuous dinner, as the talked about things, and joked around. After dinner, he asked Macy to dance with him. “But there’s no music?” she protested. “Just pretend there is music…” he said. He held her hand, she put his other hand on his shoulder, and he put his arms around her waist. They started to dance. “Isn’t this fun?” he said, still smiling at her. “She smiled and nodded. As they danced, they sang some of their favorites songs, although they would make fun of the songs that they sing.

After a while, they went back to their table. “I have another surprise for you.” He said as he helped her to her seat. He took out a long, blue velvety box, and opened it. Inside the box is a silver angel pendant. “Oh my God! This is too much, Ryan.” She said as he took out the necklace. He wore the necklace around her neck. “This will be you guardian angel…” he said.

Tears of joy began to fall from her eyes. She was so thankful for all the things that Ryan gave her. She felt so lucky to have him. “Even though our relationship’s a secret, I’m so thankful to have him in life…” she thought. Ryan hugged her, and he kissed her on the forehead. “I love you, Macy…” he whispered to her. “I love you too...”

Her only wish for her birthdays is be always this happy, and to be always with Ryan. She wished that nothing’s going to change between them. But, as the saying goes, not all good things last…

0 comments: