Sunday, May 27, 2007

Story (na naman na hindi matatapos): I will wait forever - chapter 9 - Part 2

I WILL WAIT FOREVER - CHAPTER 9 - Confession - Part 2



They say that the most painful thing in the world to be close to the one you love, and yet you know that you can never have him. Macy knew this right from the start. She knew that she shouldn't have fallen in love with him at the first place. Knowing Ryan, she will never be his type.

She watched him from their room as his stroll by the beach. She watched him as he through the stone to the sea, and stare into into the horizon. "I wonder what he's thinking about..." she thought.
Macy decided to follow Ryan at the beach. By the time, she was able to reach the place, Ryan was sitting by the on a bench near the shore. "Hey..." she said. Ryan looked up at her and smiled. "Can I join you?"
"Sure..." he said.

Again, there was silence between them. They watched the sea as it reached the sandy shore. "I don't know what happened between us..." Ryan began, in an attempt to break their silence. "I thought we agreed to forget the whole thing..."
"I... I'm sorry... it's just that... some things have changed...." she said in a low voice. "My feelings have changed for you..." she said to herself, silently. "Is it because you're still mad?"
"No... no... I'm not mad... it's just that... "

She was already lost for words. She doesn't know how to explain to Ryan that she already sees him in a different light, without being too obvious about her feelings for him. "It's just that... there are things that I really can't tell you now..." she continued. Ryan put her arms around her, then she put his head on his shoulder. "I wish we could always be together this way..." he said. "I just wish that you wouldn't avoid me anymore..."

===================================================================

The next day, the four were preparing the food for their picnic at the beach. Justin remembered the barbecue griller at their basement, so he asked Ryan to get it. "Please man... we can't cook the barbecue if we don't have a grill..." he said. "OK... fine... I'll get it..." Ryan said. "It's to heavy for you to handle... why don't you bring Macy with you to help you with it." Justin suggested. Macy immediately stopped what she was doing, and went with Ryan to the basement.

After a few seconds, Justin decided to follow them. "Hey... don't tell me you're going to leave me here to prepare all of these things!" Rica said. Justin looked back at her and gave her a naughty smile. "This," he said. "is my plan..." After saying that, he immediately ran down to the basement.

===================================================================

"I'm sorry if Justin's being a jerk..." Ryan said the moment they were at the basement. "It's very unlike of him to ask a lady to bring up something that's too heavy to handle..." he continued. They were looking for the barbecue grill, but they couldn't find it. "It's OK... I need some exercise.."

Little did they know, Justin followed them and locked the door on the basement. "I don't think it's here..." Ryan said, giving up his search for the griller. "I think we should go upstairs and ask Justin." Macy suggested. They tried to open the door, but it was locked. "I swear, I left this thing open..." she said. She tried to rotate the knob, but it wouldn't let her. Ryan tried to knock down the door, but he still can't open it. "Justin!" Ryan shouted. They tried to shout their friends' name, hoping someone would be able to hear them, but still, nothing happened.

After several minutes of attempting to get out, they decided to give up. "I guess we're stuck here..." Ryan said, as he sat on the floor. "Oh no..." she said. She was already in a panic. Ryan could see in her face that she's already worried. "Hey..." he said. "don't worry, I'm with you..."

Macy sat down beside him, and took a rest. They will try to open again the door in a little while.

===================================================================

Meanwhile, Justin went upstairs and told Rica what he did. "You locked them at the basement? Why did you do that?" she said angrily. She was mad because Justin didn't told her about the plan, plus the fact that her friend is stuck with the guy Macy loves, who also turns out to be a playboy. "Relax... nothing's going to happen to them. Trust me..." He said as he put his arms around her. "Besides, they needed time to be alone... so that they can talk about things..."
"Do you think it will work?"
"Of course it will! They have to be isolated so that the could talk about things. Trust me..."

Rica didn't have no choice but to go with Justin's plan. She just hopes that everything would turn out right between Macy and Ryan.

==================================================================

"Do you think we would still be able to get out?" Macy asked Ryan, as the latter tried to open the door. "Of course, we will... have faith in me" he said, as he looked at her and winked. He suspects that Justin set him and Macy up so that they could talk. "Good plan bro... I just wish she'll talk to me..." he thought.

He kicked the door, but it still won't open. Ryan looked at the worried Macy, and smiled. "I guess we have to shout again later..." he said. He walked towards Macy and sat beside her. "Maybe there's a reason why we got stuck here..." she said. "Yeah..." Ryan answered. "maybe there is..."

There was a short silence between them. Ryan was thinking of ways for Macy to tell him the real reason why she was avoiding him. "Penny for your thoughts?" Macy said when he saw him in his deep thoughts. Ryan faced her with a serious look on his face. "Why did you start avoiding me after that kiss?" he asked.

It took a long time for Macy to find the answer. "I... I told you... some things have changed... but it doesn't mean that I'm mad at you..." she said in a low voice. "What have changed?"
"I... I can't explain..."
"Are you avoiding me because you don't want me to be your friend?"

Macy looked up at him. "That's the last thing I want to happen..."
"Then why?"

She couldn't answer him. She wanted to tell him that the reason that she's avoiding him, is because she have fallen in love with him, and she doesn't want this to get into their friendship. "If you only knew..." she thought. "I wish I have the courage to tell you what's in my heart..."
She could already feel the tears swelling in her eyes. "I've never been like this to a girl before..." Ryan said. "My day seems incomplete whenever I'm not with you... You're the only person who cared for me like this..." he continued. Macy felt happy with what he said. "Macy..."
"I... I wish I could tell you how I feel... but I'm so scared to lose you..."

This time, tears can't help but fall from her eyes. "You and Rica are the only people that I could consider my friends... you didn't hesitate to offer your friendship, though I'm the laughingstock of the school... but since that night that you kissed me... I... I felt something that I know I shouldn't have felt..." Macy said.

Ryan put his palm on her cheek, and wiped away her tears. "I know... I'm not the type of person that someone like you could like... that's why I started to avoid you - I don't want this feeling to grow stronger... I don't want this feeling to ruin our friendship... I don't want to see you with your girlfriends because I'll only wish that it was me that you love.." she said as the tears continuously cascaded from her eyes.

"Macy..." Ryan started. "It's not that hard to fall in love with you..."

Just like in her dream, Ryan started to move closer towards her. He was so close that she could feel his heart beat. Macy gently closed her eyes, and the moment she closed her eyes, his lips met her lips.

Her first kiss. It seemed forever when they kissed. The time stood still, and the word seemed to be hazy. "I can stay this way forever..." Macy thought. That moment, all of her fears had gone, and the emotions that she was trying to hide simply flowed.

Suddenly, they were interrupted when the door opened. It was Justin and Rica.


To be continued...

0 comments: