Monday, May 21, 2007

Story (na naman na hindi matatapos): I will wait forever - chapter 6

I WILL WAIT FOREVER - CHAPTER 6 - After a Kiss



"You're my angel..." Ryan said. He slowly moved towards Macy and kissed her on the cheek. She was surprised when Ryan did this. "Did... did you just kissed me?" she said, still in a state of shock.

Ryan just realized what he did. He knew that he shouldn't have kissed Macy. "I'm sorry... I didn't mean it... I'm just so happy with what happened..."
"A simple thank you is enough..."

"Please don't be mad at me..."

"No, I'm not..."

Silence.

"I... I have to go..."

"Macy..."

"I... I can't believe this..."

"Me too... I'm really sorry..."
Again, there was silence.

"Ryan..."

"Mace..."

"I'm not mad..."


Ryan started to get near Macy. He has so close, that he could feel her shiver, and smell her breath at the same time. He put his lips against hers, and started to kiss her again. It was a long kiss, and Macy wished that time would stand still as the kiss. "I... I'm starting to fall in love with you..." Ryan said after their lips parted.

Then, there was a loud ring. Macy carefully opened her eyes and stopped her alarm clock. "Just a dream..." she said to herself.

She recalled what exactly happened last night. "Oh yeah," she said to herself. "Ryan just kissed me in the cheek. The last part of the dream is just plain wishful thinking."

She's not mad at Ryan for kissing her. The truth is, she was so happy that he did that. She didn't expect that the guy she loves would kiss her.

"Love?" she thought. "Am I in love with him?"

Being in love never crossed her thoughts, until now. She was so sure before that what she felt for Ryan is just an infatuation, but things have changed after that night. "Was he that happy that he kissed me? Or am I just thinking a lot?" she said to herself.

She felt scared at the thought of being in love with Ryan. Scared, because she knows that Ryan wouldn't feel the same towards her. Scared, because if Ryan knew about her feelings, he might leave. "We've just started to be friends, then I'm starting to fall in love with him..." she said to herself.



It was not hard to fall in love with Ryan. He could make a girl laugh, he can sweet talk a girl, he can simply make a girl fall in love with him without any efforts. There would be a lot of reasons not to fall in love with him. Was she swept away by his charms?

===================================================================

They have a tutorial session that afternoon, but Ryan does not feel like going. He felt guilty that he kissed Macy. "I shouldn't have done that..." he thought. He doesn't want to see Macy, because even though she said that she's not mad about what happened, she might be upset about it.

"Come on, Ryan Santillan... are you running out of girls to kiss? Why her? She's your friend..." he said to himself.


The moment he offered her friendshio to Macy, he promised himself that she will never end up with the other girls he dated. She was too good to be hurt by him. "She's my angel..." he said.


He can't find a perfect excuse to why he kissed her. He was so grateful that time, that a simple "thank you" wouldn't be enough. Aside from Justin, he never encountered a friend who would do everything to make him happy.



===================================================================

After doing a lot of thinking, he decided to go and meet Macy. "I have to face her... and apologize if I need to..." he said to himself.

He entered the classroom, and he saw Macy waiting for him. "You're late..." she said in a low voice as soon as she saw him. "I... I'm sorry..."

He took the seat next to her. She started to explain the lessons, but as usual, his mind is wandering. "Is he as affected as me about that kiss?" she thought as she observed Ryan. Out of nowhere, Ryan blurted out an apology. "I'm really sorry about last night... I know I shouldn't have done that... but I really can't help it..." he said.

Macy stopped and looked at him. "I'm not mad... really... I... Its not your fault...."
"Maybe I'm just happy that after all this time, me and Justin are talking again. Maybe I'm just happy that someone like you would even care. Maybe I..."
"You don't have to find explanation in everything, Ryan..." she interrupted Ryan. "Things happen because they simply do... Not even the most intelligent philosopher would be able to explain it..."

"I guess you're right..." he said in a low voice. Then, there was silence between them. "I... I guess this isn't right at all..." Macy said, breaking the silence. Ryan looked up to her. "If we want to be really good friends... let's forget the whole thing..." she continued.

"You're right..."
"You don't have to feel guilty regarding it..."

Ryan smiled at her. "Let's just forget it..."
"Friends?" she said, extending her hand to him. He took her hand and seriously looked at her. "We'll always be friends, Macy..."

===================================================================

She watched as he leaves the room and catch up with a girl. She looked at them, as he gently carressed her hair. She wanted to be in this girl's place, but as he said the last time, they will always be friends. "Just a friend..." she reminded herself.

She felt jealous. She knows that she doesn't have the right to be jealous, but she can't help it. And then, a relaization hit her. "Oh my God..." she said. "I'm really in love with Ryan..."


To be continued...

0 comments: