Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Story (na naman na hindi matatapos) - I will wait forever - Chapter 13

I WILL WAIT FOREVER – CHAPTER 13 – Reality

Summer ended when the rain started to fall that May. By the first week of June, another school year has begun. Rica, Justin, Ryan and Macy are now on their sophomore year in college. Being back in the university means going back to their responsibilities. For Macy, it’s going back to reality. They decided to kept their relationship a secret, so it means that she would act as Ryan’s friend whenever they’re at the school.

It was the first day of school. While waiting for her next class, she decided to watch Ryan’s soccer practice. The moment Ryan saw her, he waved at her. She simply smiled at her, and then she sat on the bench. Just then, Rica and Justin came. “Hey girl!” Rica greeted. “Hi Rica! So how’s your class?” she said. Rica sat beside her while Justin remained standing. “It was OK… I’m starting with my major subject for Fine Arts… how about you?”
“Still doing great in Engineering, I guess…” she replied. “Aren’t you girls going to ask about me?” Justin said when he noticed that none of them are asking him how his class was. Rica rolled her eyes at him, “We already know how your class went. There’s no need for us to ask about it.” She said sarcastically. “Fine.” He said. “Can you just move a little to the left so that I could sit?”

They watched as Ryan practiced. They cheered for him each time he hits the goal. After the practice, Ryan said goodbye to his teammates. The three were about to meet him, when a girl approached Ryan, hugged him and gave him a kiss. They talked for a while, then he looked back at his friends and waved goodbye.

Macy felt her world began to fall. She got jealous of what she saw, and there were questions on her mind. “Who is that girl? Why did she do that to Ryan?” she thought. She wanted to get mad at Ryan, but there’s nothing that she can do. Everything about them is a secret. The only people that know about them are Justin and Rica.

Rica knew that what they saw might affect Macy. “Are you OK?” she asked. “I wonder who the hell that bitch it1” she continued. Macy wanted to cry, but she tried to keep the tear from falling. “It’s OK, Macy…” Justin said as he went near her and consoled her. “I’ll talk to Ryan later…”

===================================================================

Justin waited Ryan until his last class finished. As soon as Ryan went out of the classroom, he immediately approached him. “Hey, dude!” Ryan said the moment he saw Justin. “What’s up? What time if your next class?”
“My classes are finished. I really wanted to talk to you that’s why I stayed this late here at school…”

They went to Ryan’s locker. “So what is it that you want to talk about?” he asked Justin as he put his things inside the locker. “We were watching your soccer practice a while ago…” Justin began. “Yeah, I saw you guys a while ago…”
“And I assume that you saw your girlfriend, Macy, with us. Is that correct?” Justin put the emphasis on the world girlfriend. He said it in a very sarcastic way that could annoy Ryan. “Of course, I saw my angel…” Ryan answered, still not noticing the sarcasm in Justin’s tone. “And I also assume that you know that we saw you when a certain girl came up to you and kissed you. And may I remind you that it happened right before our very eyes… right in front of your angel…” Justin continued.

Ryan stopped from what he was doing, and looked at Justin. He remembered that girl, came up to him and kissed her. “I… I knew that she saw…” he said. He suddenly felt guilty of what he did during the practice. The truth is, the girl is one of those she was dating during his freshmen – in short, she was already his girlfriend. She was the girl whom she was being set-up with by his teammates. “Ooohhh… so the big man on campus knew that his nerdy girlfriend was watching him when the bitchy girl went up to him and kissed him! Good job, my friend!” Justin said sarcastically. Ryan remained silent. Justin began to be serious as he talked to Ryan. “When I confronted you last summer, you told me that you won’t date other girls while you’re with Macy. Aside from keeping your relationship with Macy a secret, what else are you planning to do to hurt her?”
“I am not hurting her!” Ryan said defensively. “Yes you are, Ryan! For Christ’s sake, aren’t you going to change for the girl you love? Aren’t you going to be man enough and stand up for her?”
“I love her!”
“No you’re not!”

Justin stopped arguing with Ryan for a while. He let out a deep breath and composed himself. “Ryan, I know you love her, and I know you’re not ready to give up your ‘reputation’. I just want you to know that I’m your friend, and I’m your devil’s advocate. Whatever happens, I’ll be here for you and Macy…”

After saying that, Justin left. Ryan knew that what he have done is really wrong. He have to find Macy and apologize to her.

===================================================================

Ryan tried to find Macy around the campus. He finally saw Macy at the bus stop. The moment he saw her, he stopped and car and got out. “Macy…” he said. Macy tried to walk away from him, but Ryan followed her. “Macy, please… let me explain…” he said. “There’s no need to explain…” she said as she walked away from him. He reached for her arms to stop her. Macy looked back at him. “Ryan…” she said in a low voice. “They might see us…”
“I don’t care. I want to talk to you…”

They got inside the car. They were silent as Ryan drove her home. “I understand….” She finally said. “You really have don’t explain anything. I know that you have to do it to please your teammates…” she continued. Ryan looked at her. He observed her eyes, and he could see that it was swollen. “She cried because of me…” he thought.

“Justin explained everything to me. I’m really OK. You have nothing to worry about…” Macy continued. “Macy…”
“Our relationship is a secret. I guess you have to do your old ways so that they won’t suspect… I respect your decision…”

Ryan was silent as he listened to her. “Macy… I didn’t mean to hurt you…”
“It’s really OK, Ryan.”

Before she got out of the car, she smiled at him. “I’ll see you tomorrow!” she said happily. Before she opened the gate to their house, Ryan got out of the car and walked towards her. “Macy,” he called. Macy looked back at him. He went near her, and gave her a kiss on the cheek. “I love you…” he whispered to her ears.

Macy watched him as he drove away. She knew that she have to adjust herself, for this relationship to work. She also knows that she have to stay strong for him. “But until when am I going to be on the sidelines?” she asked herself.



To be continued...

0 comments: