Thursday, May 17, 2007

Story (na naman na hindi matatapos): I will wait forever - chapter 2

I WILL WAIT FOREVER - CHAPTER 2 - Start



"Macy! Macy! Wait up!" Macy, turned around, and she saw Ryan running towards her. "Hey! Why are you in a hurry?" Macy said, as soon as Ryan reached her. "I just want to ask if you're doing anything this afternoon?"
"Well... I'm not sure. Why?"
"Because I aced my calculus quiz!" Ryan said excitedly. Macy was surprised and happy about his news. "Really? That's great!" she said excitedly.
"Yes! Thank you for being my Math tutor . And since our tutorials paid off, I'll treat you for pizza today. And please don't say no..."

Macy felt excited when Ryan told her that they'll go out for pizza. "I must be dreaming..." she thought. She never thought that the campus heartthrob would treat her for pizza just because he aced his calculus quiz. "It could've been any girl..."

"So, it's a date OK? I'll meet you later at the study hall..."
"Sure. But, can you do me a favor?"
"Yeah, anything for my tutor..."
"Can we go somewhere that's far from school? Your girlfriends might kill me if they see us together..."
Ryan laughed at what she said. "I knew you'll say that. Don't worry, I'll explain to them that you're my math tutor and friend" he said.

Just then, Ryan's girlfriend came. "Hey sweetie..." she said as she kissed Ryan on the cheek. Macy somehow felt jealous when she saw that. "Hi sweetie. By the way, this is Macy, my math tutor. Macy, this is Denise, my girlfriend." His girlfriend extended her hands to Macy. "Hey! Nice meeting you." Denise said. "Same here..."

After a small talk with Macy, Denise left for her class. "It was nice meeting you, Macy..." Denise said before she left. Ryan and Macy stood and watched her as she walked away from them. "Isn't she the model on that soda commercial?" Macy said. "Yeah..."
"She's nice... you look good together..."
"They say I'm lucky to have her"
"Yes, you are..."

Ryan walked Macy to her next class. They were talking about Ryan's girlfriend, and they didn't realized that they're already in front of the room. "Well, I guess here's my stop." Macy said. "So, I'll see you later OK? Don't be late."
"Sure. Thanks!"

Macy watched as Ryan leaves. She felt like the luckiest girl in the world. Not only did the campus heartthrob walked her to her class, he's going to treat her for pizza later.

====================================================================

It was afternoon, and Ryan waited for Macy at the study hall. He owes Macy a lot. He knew that if it wasn't for Macy's help, he will be kicked out of the soccer team. "She's really serious with her studies... I wonder if she's dating anyone.." he thought.

He has been hearing about Macy since their first day in the University. It was Macy who got the full scholarship in their school, a privilege given only to the smartest freshmen. He also knew that Macy doesn't have much friends in the school. There was even a time when she fell from the stairs, and most of the students laughed at her. Nobody tried to help her, not even him. She was so ashamed, that she cried while she run away from the crowd. "And now, I'm seeking her help... I didn't even dared to help her before..." he said to himself.

He was deep in his thoughts when his mobile phone rang. It was Macy. "Hey, I've been waiting for you here at the study hall..." he said. "Yeah, I know... can you meet me here at the bus stop? I don't want anyone to see us..." Macy replied.

After they hung up the phone, he immediately took his things and went to the bus stop.

====================================================================

"Why don't you want anyone to see us together?" Ryan said as his took a bite from his pizza. "Well... because you're the celebrity, and I'm just an ordinary girl..."
Ryan smiled at her. "It really doesn't matter if I'm the celebrity. You're my friend..." he said. Macy looked up at him. She almost choked on what she was eating when he told her that she's his friend. "Friend? Me? Are you kidding? I'm just your tutor..." she said.

Ryan finished his pizza before he began explaining his side. "Well.. you are my friend. The day that you helped my with Math, I said to myself that you're going to be my friend.."
Macy let out a loud laugh that made Ryan startle. "What?" he said. "User friendly guy..." Macy said. "No, I'm not..." he said defensively.
"It is my duty as a member of the Math Org to help those who are helpless in Math. If I tutored 60 students, does that mean that they're my friends?"
"Of course..."
"I don't think so..."
"Why?"
"Because they don't know me after they passed Math. Thanks to me."

Ryan felt sorry for Macy. He knew that she needs someone to be her friend. "Don't you hang out with other guys, aside from the Math Org people?" he asked. "Well... none. I used to hang out with my high school friends, but they're too busy to even hang out with me..." Macy said as she ate her third pizza. "So, you're always alone?"
"No. There's always the Math Org."

There was silence between them as the finished the box of pizza. After he paid the bill, they started to head home. "Was it hard to be a loner?" Ryan finally said. "No. I'm always a loner. I'm used to it. " Macy said in a matter-of-factly way. Again, there was a short silence. "Macy... I want to be your friend..." Ryan finally said.

Macy was surprised at what he said. "Are you sure of what you're saying?" she said, still in a state of shock. "Yeah. It's not like I'm asking you to be my girlfriend for a week. I just want to be your friend. You know, someone I could hang out when..."
"When you need a tutor?" she said, concluding his statement. "Not just that... sometimes I feel that being a Big Man on the Campus is too much... I really enjoy hanging out with you. You're mature, funny, and smart..." he said.

Macy was so happy at his "proposal". She felt a giddy feeling that she never felt before. "It's not that he's asking me to go steady with him... just to be his friend..." she reminded herself silently.

"So... friends?" he said as he extends his hand to Macy. Macy simply smiled and took his hand. "Friends!"


To be continued...