Monday, May 14, 2007

Story (na naman na hindi matatapos): I will wait forever - chapter 1

****Revised Edition****


I WILL WAIT FOREVER - CHAPTER 1



Dear Ryan,

Being with you for the past 2 years had been a roller coaster ride. It was fun, yet full of pain. Pain, because you always took me for granted. Pain, because I'm always on the sidelines. Pain, because no matter how much I loved you, you can never love me back.

I try to hold back all the tears whenever I'm with you. But God knows, that I cry myself every night, hoping he'll hear my prayer - that someday, you'll realize my worth.

I'm giving up something that I knew I never had from the start - your love. I'm letting go of all the good and bad memories that we both had. But most of all, I'm letting you go.

I hope you will someday find the girl who will love you as much as I loved you, and I do hope that you will love her back...


Macy

Ryan crumpled the letter and threw it on his bed. He just came from school, when he saw the letter beside his bed, together with the pendant he gave Macy on her birthday. "She's gone..."

He regrets taking her for granted. She was the only person who cared for him, and loved him. She was always there for him, but he never appreciated her. Instead, he just used her to his advantage, denied her and left her. They even kept their relationship a secret, because he's afraid that he'll lose his reputation in school.

Macy will never come back in his life. He knew it. And he wished that he could've appreciated her more.

===================================================================


They were in their first year in college when Macy and Ryan met. Ryan was "The Big Man on Campus". He dated almost every girls on their batch, and half of the University's girl population. He had different girlfriends every week. For him, changing a girlfriend is as easy as changing his clothes.

Macy, on the other hand, is the "nerdy" one. She always tops her class, and a consistent Dean's lister. She's shy, and she only had a few friends on the University.

It is very unlikely for them to be a "couple" - Ryan's the social butterfly, while Macy's an outcast. Everyone looks up to Ryan, while most of the students laugh at Macy.

It was because of a failing grade why their paths crossed. Afraid of failing Calculus at getting kicked out of the Soccer Varsity Team, Ryan seeks the help of the Math Organization, where Macy's a member. The Math Organization offers free tutorials for the students, and Ryan took advantage of this. Macy was assigned to be his Math tutor.

"Isn't he the popular guy from the Varsity team?" It was during their weekly Org meetings when Macy learned that she'll be tutoring Ryan. "Yes. Lucky you, Macy" their president, Nathan, said. "I assigned you to Ryan because I know that he won't get distracted, and I know that you'll focus on the tutorials."

Macy didn't let it show, but she's happy that she was assigned to be Ryan's Math tutor. Since the first day she met Ryan, she already had a crush on him. She knows that she could never get to be his friend, because of his status, and because of all the girls around him. "Now, I could be closer to him..." she thought.

It was Saturday afternoon when she met Ryan for the tutorials. They met at one of the classrooms that the Math Organization uses for their meeting. "Hi, you must be Macy..." Ryan said as he entered the room. "Yeah... I'm Macy. And you're late for our meeting." Macy said sarcastically. "I'm sorry, we've just finished our soccer practice..." Ryan said apologetically, flashing his killer smile.

Ryan sat beside her. He was so close, that Macy could smell his aftershave. "He smells great..." she thought. Ryan looked at her, and smiled as he gave her his notebook. "Shall we start?"

Macy explained to Ryan his calculus lessons. Ryan eagerly listened to her as she explained the formulas used for a certain problem. There would be a time when Ryan's thought wanders, as he looks into her face. "I bet she looks pretty if she takes off her eyeglasses..."
"Hey, are you listening to me?" Macy said when he noticed that Ryan's attention is not with the lessons.
"Oh.. Ummm... I'm sorry, it's just that..."
"Don't you want to ace your calculus quiz?"
"Yeah... I do..."
"Then you better listen to this or I'll leave"

The Math tutorials ended at around 6 PM. Macy stood up and left the room when Ryan called her. "Hey, Macy!"

Macy looked back at him. He was running towards her, and by the time he reached her, he was catching his breath.
"Since the tutorials are free," he began. "Why don't I take you home."
Macy was excited. Imagine, the school heartthrob is going to take her home! She wanted to say yes, but she thought of all the girls in the campus that will not forgive her when they saw her riding his car.
"I'm sorry, Ryan, but my mom will pick me up..." she lied. After saying that, Macy walked away from him.

====================================================================

It was almost 9 PM and the rain just started to fall. Macy was waiting for the bus at the bus station for over an hour. "Damn this rain... I should've accepted Ryan's offer to drive me home..." she thought.

Just then, a red car stopped in front of her. The car's window rolled down, and she saw Ryan seating on the driver's seat. "It would take a long time for the rain to stop, and there's no bus. Come on, I'll drive you home." He said, smiling. This time, Macy did not hesitate. She wanted to go home and rest. She immediately opened the car's door, and hopped in.

"Thanks..." she said to Ryan. "No problem. If I pass the calculus quiz on Tuesday, I'll treat you for dinner. Promise." he said.

After an hour, they were able to reach Macy's home. "Thanks for the ride, Ryan..." she said came out of the car. Before she opened the gate, Ryan called her again. "Macy..."
"Yes?"
"Is it OK with you if you'll become my permanent tutor? I badly needed your help..."
Macy was ecstatic when she heard that. "Yeah, sure... no problem" she smiled. Again, Ryan flashed his killer smile. After thanking Macy, he left.

"This might be a beginning," Macy thought. "of a beautiful friendship..."




To be continued....

0 comments: