Sunday, May 20, 2007

Story (na naman na hindi matatapos): I will wait forever - chapter 5

I WILL WAIT FOREVER - CHAPTER 5 - Angel



Macy was saddened by the fact that Ryan and his childhood best friend, Justin, had a feud over a girl. As Ryan tells her the story, she could see how much he missed his friend. "If you were in Justin's shoe, would you forgive me?" he asked after telling his story. "Well..." she paused for a while, then began to explain her point of view. "Maybe I would, if you would explain to me
that you did that to protect me... but isn't it a little ironic that you never set Justin up with Denise because you think he doesn't deserve her, but at the same time you're still dating the girl he loves?"

Ryan stopped and looked at her. "You're right... I shouldn't have dated Denise at the first place... but I couldn't help it..." he said in a low voice. "She's popular, she's sexy, she easily gives in to
what I want. She doesn't even care if I date other girls behind her back..."
"Do you love her?"

Ryan couldn't answer Macy. He knew that if he said yes, he'll only be lying to himself. He never loved Denise.The truth is, he never met a girl who could make him fall in love.

Maybe the reason he had a lot of girlfriends is because he is longing for that feeling. All his life, he never felt love.Not even from his parents.

Sure, they shower him with material things, but they never gave him attention. His mom
is always working, or partying with her friends. His dad, on the other hand, spends most of his time doing business abroad.

He couldn't say that he loved Denise. He knew that he never loved Denise. He just loves the fact that he goes out with the most popular girl in school. That's all.

"I guess, I have to give you time to answer my question..." he heard Macy said. "But if you don't love her, you're just hurting her, yourself and Justin. Think about it. Are you really willing to risk years of friendship just for this girl?" After saying that, Macy left.

He knew that Macy's right. It was Justin who's always there for him. And how does he pay his best friend? By dating the girl he loves.
===================================================================


"Justin? Justin Rivera?" Rica said as she put her books inside her locker. Macy was asking if Rica knew Justin, since he saw him on one of her classes. "Well, yeah... I think he's my classmate in Psych. He's majoring in it." she answered. "Do you think I would be able to approach him?"

"Hmmm... what for?"

Macy paused for a while and thought of a good excuse. "I... I need help... with Psych..." she lied. Rica's eyes widened as she heard her answer. "You? Needed help in Psych? Good try at lying, Mace!" she said.

She knew that it was the lamest excuse that she could think of. Not only is she passing Psych 101, she'll be the ever first student who'll a get the highest grade from the professor every student feared of.


"You knew me too well..." Macy said. "I just know that you don't need help in your classes, you
just need help with your confidence. Maybe Justin can help you with that. He's also a member of the Peer Club." Rica replied. "Peer Club?"

"Yeah... you know... those kids who help other kids... Peer Club."

Finally, Macy thought of a good excuse to talk to Justin. Thanks to Rica's information.


===================================================================


The domicile of the Peer Club is located neat the Guidance Counselor's office. Macy decided to visit it that afternoon. Luckily, she saw Justin alone in their domicile.

"Hi..." she said shyly. Justin looked up at her and smiled. "Hey! How may I help you?" he said. Macy approached him, and sat on the seat in front of him. "I... Can I talk to you?" she said.
"Sure. How can I be of service to you?"
"I... I need your advice..."

Justin sat up straight and began to listen to her. "I have a new friend... and he has a childhood friend... his childhood friend is mad at him because of a girl..." she said. The story seemed familiar to him. He wanted to stop Macy from telling the story, but as a Peer Club member, he can't do that. "They never talked for months... and my new friend already misses his best bud..." she continued. "Did... did your friend tried to reach out for his childhood friend?" he asked. Macy nodded. "He tried, but the guy keeps on pushing him away... I want to be a bridge for them to patch things up..."

Justin stood up from his chair, and walked to the window. He remembered how hostile he was towards Ryan every time they see each other. He also remembered the sad look on his face the last time they met. Since the party, Ryan tried to talk to him to explain everything, but he just shuts him out.

"Things could never patch up between me and Ryan. He betrayed me..." he said. Macy stood up from her seat and went near Justin. "At least let him explain his side. Maybe there's another side of the story... Justin... please..."
"I'm sorry, Macy. I... I just can't... right now..."

Macy understood. She knows that it will take time for the pain to heal. She silently went out of the room, leaving Justin staring at the window.

====================================================================

Justin couldn't deny it - he misses hanging out with Ryan. They have been inseparable for years, and it was only Ryan that could understand him.

He remembered the time when his dad wouldn't allow him to take Psychology, it was Ryan who talked to his dad. "Who knows, he might be a famous Psychologist someday!" he remembered Ryan said to his dad.

It was also Ryan who comforted him when his first girlfriend broke up with him. Ryan was also there to comfort him when his mom died. There are a lot of good and bad memories that they shared. "And I just let this friendship ruined just because of a girl?" he thought.

As he stared on the window, he saw Macy walking with Ryan. "Maybe she's right..." he said to himself. "I should try to hear what Ryan have to say..."

He immediately took his things and left their club's domicile, hoping he could catch up with Ryan.

====================================================================

"It was a bad start... I shouldn't have dated her at the first place..." Ryan said as he and Macy walked towards the school's parking lot. Ryan had already broken up with Denise that afternoon. He already explained the reason why Ryan befriended Denise, and how his friendship with Justin got affected when she started flirting with him. Denise accepted their break-up, since she's also starting a serious relationship with another guy. "At least now, you can start rebuilding your friendship with Justin..." Macy said.

Just as they were about to get inside Ryan's car, Macy saw Justin standing behind him. "Someone wants to see you..." she said to Ryan. He looked behind, and he saw Justin. He immediately ran towards Justin. He couldn't let this moment pass, without explaining everything to his best friend.

===================================================================

"Your cute little friend talked to me this afternoon." Justin started. "She said that I should give you a chance to explain. Well, here I am, giving you this chance.

Ryan looked back at Macy, and he saw her smiled at him. He faced Justin, and began to explain his side. Justin listened to him. "She really doesn't deserve you... I did it so that you won't get hurt..." Ryan said. "But you still went out with her. If you think that I didn't deserve her, you should've told me that."
"It was a bad move. I should have told you that at the beginning, but I promised you this. I still went out with her because I loved the attention..."

Justin understood what he meant. After Ryan explained his side, he gave him a brotherly hug. "I'm sorry if I shut you out of my life... I shouldn't have let a girl ruin our friendship..." he said.
"Me too, man... I can't believe that I'm saying this, but I missed you..."

Finally, after months of not talking to each other, they are friends again. They even made their hand gesture, the one that they do when they make a pact. "You should thank Macy. She told me how much you missed me..."
"I know you can't stay mad at me forever!"

====================================================================

The three of them celebrated at a nearby restaurant. Ryan told Justin what happened to him during the time that they were not talking. He told him how he met Macy, and that he just broke up with Denise. Justin also told Ryan the things that happened to him these past months. He felt at peace now that he and Justin are friends again.

They decided to go home at around 9 PM. Ryan took Justin home first before taking Macy home. Just as they were alone, Ryan thank Macy. "I can't believe you'll do this for me..." he said. "You're my friend, remember?"
"I know but..."
"I don't want my friends to be sad. I know that you're really sorry for what had happened, that's why I talked to Justin." she said, interrupting what Ryan's about to say.

Ryan smiled at her. "First, you helped me with calculus, then you helped me patch things up with Justin. I can't thank you enough..." he said. "You're my angel..."
"Yes I am..." she thought. "I'll be your guardian angel..."
He slowly moved beside Macy, and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

To be continued...