Monday, June 4, 2007

Story (na naman na hindi matatapos): I will wait forever - chapter 17

I WILL WAIT FOREVER – CHAPTER 17 – New Girl


“Nice meeting you, Ryan.” Meg said as she took Ryan’s hand. “I swear you’re going to be mine… nothing can stop me…” Meg thought. She didn’t want to let go of Ryan’s hand. “Welcome to St. Joseph University, Meg. Ryan said as she shook her hand. He could sense that Meg wanted to flirt with him, but he just ignored it since he’s with Macy. Justin could also see how Meg looked at him – like she’s going to devour him. He decided to break them up. “So Meg…” Justin said. “What course are you taking up?”

Meg let go of Ryan’s hand and looked at Justin. “Mass Com. Second year.” She said monotonously. “How about you?”
“Psychology. Anyway, welcome to St. Joseph University…”

Meg talked with Macy first to catch things up with her. As they talked, Ryan kept on staring at Meg. “I bet my angel’s prettier than her… if only she’ll change how she looks.” He thought. After a while, Meg said goodbye to their group, and left. As she walked away from them, Ryan kept on staring at her. “Still star struck with my cousin?” Macy asked. Ryan looked at her and smiled. “Yes…”You know what guys,” they heard Rica say. “we better go to the Main building to get our class schedules.”
“Yeah, I second the motion.” Justin said.

==================================================================================

They went to the university’s main building to get their class schedule. Macy and Ryan went to the far end of the building to get their class schedule. Justin accompanied Rica to get her own class schedule. “Thanks for coming with me here, though we both know that you’re supposed to get your schedule there.” She said, pointing at the other side of the building. “It’s OK. But you have to promise me you’ll go with me there to get my class schedule.” He said, smiling at Rica.

The reason why Justin went with Rica, is because he wanted to talk to her about Macy’s cousin. “There’s something about that girl that I didn’t like… I don’t know what…” he thought. He watched Rica as she scanned through the papers posted on the bulletin board. Rica felt a little awkward, knowing that Justin’s staring at her. “Hey, I can’t concentrate if someone’s staring at me…” she said.
“Oooops.. sorry…”
“Is there something wrong, Justin?”

He took a deep sigh before telling Rica what’s on his mind. “It’s Macy’s cousin…”
“I knew it? She’s your crush right?”
“Of course not!” he exclaimed. “I mean… she’s pretty and all, but there’s something about her that I don’t like?”

Rica gave him a startled look. “Justin, please don’t tell me you’re gay…”
“No, I’m not!”
“Then why are you starting to dislike Meg? You don’t even know her at all…”
“Maybe I’m just being paranoid, but there’s something about the way she looks at Ryan that’s bothering me…”

Rica stopped what she was doing, and started to listen to Justin. “There’s something about the way she looks at Ryan that I really didn’t like. And when she took Ryan’s hand, it’s as if she didn’t want to let go…”
“Maybe she thought she knew Ryan… or maybe she’s thinking Ryan could also be a model… you know… she’s a model and she could see if a guy has an X-Factor…”

Justin shook his head. Maybe Rica’s thoughts are right. He’s just being paranoid about it. “I guess I just have to see what will happen this school year…” he said. Rica smiled and pat his shoulder. “Good boy. Now, better get your class schedule so that we could join the two. I’m already starving.”

================================================================================

“Orders up!” Ryan said as she put the tray on their table. After getting their class schedules, the four decided to eat at the nearest restaurant. “Yay! I could all of these! I’m hungry!” Rica said. The three just laughed as they watched Rica eat.

After eating, Ryan decided to buy food again for his dinner. Rica, on the other and, went to the rest. They left Justin and Macy alone together. “Wow, I can’t believe we’re already in our junior year…” Macy said. “Yeah, one more year and we’ll graduate…”
“Not for us… we still have two years to go…”

Justin smiled at Macy and held her hand. “Mace, thank you for understanding Ryan… I hope you’ll never get tired…” he said. “I hope you’ll continue to love and trust him…”
“I assure you, I will…” she said, smiling back at him. Just then, Ryan came back. “Did I missed anything?” he asked. Justin let go of Macy’s hand and smiled at Ryan. “Nope.” He answered. “I’m just telling your angel how lucky you are to have her.”

===============================================================================

It was the first day of school. Ryan picked Macy up from their house, and they went to school together. He even walked her to her first class. “Thanks for picking me up, Ryan…” she said as they walked at the lobby. “Of course, anything for you, my angel…” he said. Macy stared at him as they walked. “Maybe the waiting is over… maybe he’s ready to commit himself to me…” she thought. Ryan noticed that Macy was staring at him. “Penny for your thoughts?” she heard Ryan say. Macy simply smiled at him. “Nothing… I’m just happy that you’re here with me…”

Before they knew it, they were already in front of her classroom. “I guess this is my stop.” Macy said. “OK. I’ll see you later after school.” Ryan said. Macy smiled at him, then she entered the room.

Ryan was about to go to his class. He was reading his class cards when he accidentally bumped into Meg. “Hey watch it!” Meg shouted at him. Her things fell on the floor, and Ryan helped her pick it up. Just then, Meg realized that it was Ryan. “Hi! I’m sorry, I didn’t know that it was you…” she said. “It’s OK… I’m sorry, I’m not watching where I’m going.” He said. After picking up her things, he handed it to her. “Here you go…”
“Thanks Ryan!’
“Anyway, I have to go. I’m going to be late for my class.”

After he gave her her things, Ryan dashed to his classroom. Meg watched him as he ran to his room. “This is just the start, Ryan. I’ll make you fall for me soon…”



To be continued...

0 comments: