Saturday, June 2, 2007

Story (na naman na hindi matatapos) - I will wait forever - Chapter 15

I WILL WAIT FOREVER - CHAPTER 15 - Blind


"How long will you allow him to hurt you? You didn't do anything wrong to him to make him treat you this way..." Rica asked when they went to the chapel that afternoon. "I don't know... I've been asking myself the same questions for the past weeks..." Macy answered. "He used to be so sweet... but since the school year started, everything have changed. I'm starting to think that his feelings have changed.."

Rica comforted her friend after they saw Ryan flirting with one of his so-called girlfriends. "How could he do that in front of Macy..." she thought. "How can she tell my friend that he loves her, and yet fool around with other girls behind Macy's back?"

===================================================================

Macy was about to go to the library when she passed by a classroom. From there, she saw a girl making out with another guy. "I wonder who this pair is..." she thought. She remembered that she also left her pen at that room, since his first class used this room that morning. She carefully opened the door at the back, and slowly crept inside the room. "Just let me find my pen and you can go on with your deed..." she thought.

The pair didn't noticed that Macy was able to get inside the room. Fortunately for Macy, she was also able to find her pen. "Gotcha!" she thought. She was about to exit the room, when she bumped one of the chairs, making a loud noise. This has distracted the lovebirds. "Hey!" the girl shouted at her. Macy turned around to say sorry for distracting them, but she was surprised when she saw Ryan with the girl. She was lost with words the moment she saw him. "What? Why are you here?" the girl demanded, giving her dagger looks. "I... I'm sorry... I just needed to find my pen here..." she said.

The moment she saw Ryan with this girl, she felt her heart being stabbed and torn into a million pieces. She wanted to cry again, but she tried her best not to let them see the tears that's about to come out of her eyes. "I'm really sorry..." she said again. The girl was about to walk towards her and hurt her, but Ryan stopped her. "Jane, don't mind her... we have to leave or we'll be late for our next class." He said. Jane simply walked towards her and crossed her arms. "You're lucky, my boyfriend stopped me. Next time, don't just barge in a room... Nerd!" she snapped. Macy just kept her head low as she listened to Jane.

As they left the room, Macy watched them. Ryan, looked back at her, with blank look on his face. "Ryan... why are you doing this to me?" she said to herself.

==================================================================

Macy walked as fast as she could. She doesn't know where she's heading to, but she knows that she have to get away from this place. She walked as fast as she could until she could no longer see her way. Just then, she bumped into someone. Her things fell, including her eyeglasses. Although she's half-blind without her glasses, and because of the tears on her eyes, she bent down to get her things.

She tried to reach for her glasses, but before she knew it, somebody was handing it to her. "Here you go..." a guy's voice said. She took her glasses, and immediately wore it. Then, the guy handed her his handkerchief. "Here... wipe your tears..." he said. Macy just looked at the handkerchief as the tears started to flow. "Are you OK?" the guy asked again. She didn't replied.
The guy extended his hands to her. "Come with me... Let's go somewhere quiet so that you could cry..." he said. Macy just looked at him, with a confused expression on her face. "Trust me."

===================================================================

He lead Macy to the building at the back to the university's chapel. They went up to the building until they reached the rooftop. "Isn't this a nice place?" the guy said. "You can shout all your worries in the world whenever you're here..."

Macy went to the left side of the rooftop, and looked down. "Hey..." the guy said. "don't think of committing suicide..." he joked. Macy looked up to him and smile. The guy smiled back at her. "See? You looked cuter when you smile, princess..." he said. The guy went near her. He watched her, as she began to wipe her tears using his handkerchief. "Sometimes it's OK to cry... you don't have to hold it... you can cry until you're tired... then just before you knew it, you're OK..." he said.

Macy began to breakdown. She didn't said anything, and the guy simply watched her and listened to her as she cried. The guy didn't asked or said anything, but instead, he just pat her back as she cried.

After a few minutes, she stopped crying. "Are you OK now?" he asked. Macy looked up at him and smiled. "Yes... thank you so much.." she said. The guy smiled, and started to walk towards the exit. As she watched the guy leave, she suddenly remembered his handkerchief. "Hey, wait!" she shouted at him. The guy looked back. "Macy walked towards him, and then handed him his handkerchief. "You forgot this... if you want, I'll wash this first then..."
"Don't worry about that. Just return it to me when you're done crying."
"But..."

Before she could even protest, the guy left her. She looked back at the handkerchief, and then smiled. At the lower right corner of the handkerchief, he saw the guy's initials - D.F.

==================================================================

It was almost night time when Macy decided to go home. She was waiting for the bus at the bus stop when Ryan's car stopped in front of her. He opened the car's window and smiled at her. "Come on, I'll take you home..." he said. Macy faked a smile as she turned him down. "Macy, please..."
"I'm really OK... The bus will be here anytime soon..."
"Macy, please... we need to talk..."

Macy was hesitant, but she decided to get inside Ryan's car. She knows that he will only say sorry, and that he will explain everything that she saw that afternoon. Ryan was quiet as he drove. Macy simply watched him. She could feel that Ryan wanted to tell her something, but he doesn't know where to start. "So..." she said, breaking their silence. "that girl is one of your girlfriends, huh?" she said, as she faked another smile. Ryan looked at her apologetically. "I'm really sorry, Macy..." he said.
"Hey, it's OK! You don't have to worry about me. I'm OK..."
"Macy... please don't act as if you're not hurt..."

Macy became silent. "I... I'm really OK... trust me..." she said. Ryan held her hand and kissed it. "Macy... she's nothing compared to you. She could never be like you... and I never loved her..." he said. "I know where I stand..." Macy said. "I know this is a secret, and I know we're not committed. I understand, really... you don't have to explain everything..."
"I'm sorry if I'm not spending much time with you... promise, I'll make it up to you..."

Before they knew it, they were already in front of Macy's house. They said their goodbyes, and Ryan kissed her on the cheek before she got out of his car. As she was opening their gate, Ryan called her again. Macy looked back at him, and smiled. Ryan went out of his car, and walked towards her. "I forgot to give you this..." he said. He handed to her a key. "A key? For what?"
"That's the key to my pad..."

Macy gave him a confused look. "But why?"
"Well, since we don't see each other that much at school, maybe we could hang out at my place..." he said. "Macy smiled at him. "Thanks..." she said in a low voice. Before Ryan left, he planted a kiss on her forehead.


To be continued...

0 comments: