Friday, June 1, 2007

Story (na naman na hindi matatapos) - I will wait forever - Chapter 14

I WILL WAIT FOREVER - CHAPTER 14 - Used


It has been weeks since their classes started. Since the first day of school, Macy haven't heard anything from Ryan. He would call her once, but after that, he didn't called again. She has been hearing rumors about him and a girl from another school, but she wouldn't believe it until she heard it straight from Ryan.

There would be times when she wanted to cry, but she's still trying to be strong and put a happy face in front of their friends. Justin knows better - he knows that Macy's already dying inside. He tried to talk to her about their set-up and her feelings, but Macy would just joke around and smile. He tried to talk to Ryan, but whenever he confronts him, Ryan would deny the rumors about him and another girl, and would assure him that he loves Macy. Bu then, he would go back to his old ways and date other girls.

One time, Macy finally saw Ryan with his teammates at the cafeteria. She decided to talk to him, but he's with his friends. "But I have to..." she said to herself. She took a deep breath as she walked towards their group. As she approached them, the group looked at her, as if they want to shoo her away. "Ryan..." she said in a low voice. "Can I talk to you?"

Ryan looked at his teammates before he could answer. "Uhmmm... can I just talk to you later... we're having a meeting here..." he said. She simply smiled at him, then started to walk away. As she was about to exit the cafeteria, she heard his groups started to laugh and talk about her. "Who the hell does she think she is?" she heard one of the say. "Yeah..." she said to herself. "Who the hell do I think am I to talk to the superstar?"

===================================================================

"She's... she's just my tutor..." Ryan said in a low voice as soon as Macy walked away from them. He watched as Macy slowly walked out of the cafeteria. He wanted to run to her and tell her that he's sorry for not talking to her for the past weeks. "But you used to hang out with her last year?" Jim, one of their teammates said. "Oh that? Uhmm... well... she's my math tutor so I have to hang out with her... you know... so that I can pass calculus!" Ryan boasted. He could hear that most of his teammates were applauding and praising him. "And... well... she helped me with one of my papers so I have to be really nice to her..." he continued.

"Well then..." their team captain, Jules, said. "Since you're friends with this nerdy girl, can you ask her to do my research paper? It's really a simple one..."
"I'll try to tell her about it..."
"Don't try it, Ryan..." Jules said as he put his arms around Ryan's neck. "Do it."

===================================================================

After trying to approach Ryan, Macy went to the chapel. The chapel has been her sanctuary every time she wanted to cry. She would go there to pray, and ask God for strength. "God, I just wanted to talk to Ryan... but why can't he find time to talk to me?" she prayed silently.

Just as the tears started to roll from her eyes, someone handed her a white handkerchief. She looked up, and she saw Rica smiling at her. She smiled back at Rica.

"Are you OK?" she asked as she sat beside her. "Yes... don't worry about me..." she answered.

Silence.

"Macy..." Rica finally said. "I can't exactly tell that I know how you feel... but I just want you to know that I'll always be here for you..."
"Thanks, Rica..."
"You can always tell me your problems, especially if it's about Ryan..."

Again, there was silence. Rica just watched Macy as she wiped her tears. "Mace... sometimes it's OK to cry, especially if you can't take it anymore... there's no laws about crying..." she said in a low voice. "I can't Rica..." Macy answered. "I want to be strong for him... for us... I can take this... trust me."

Rica put his arms around her friend, and hugged her. She wanted to comfort her friend, for she knows she's going through a lot of pain.

===================================================================

She was about to go to her next class when she saw Ryan waiting for her at her classroom. "Ryan?" she said. She was excited to see him. She never thought that Ryan would wait for her at her classroom. "Hi..." he said, smiling at her.
"Hey..."
"How are you?"
"I'm doing OK..."

Ryan didn't know how to tell her about his favor. He knows that it's not right for him to ask Macy to do somebody else's report. "I... I don't know how to tell you this... but I really need a big favor..." he started. "If I could help you... I would..." Macy said. He started to tell Macy about their team captain, Jules, and then he asked her if she could do his research paper. "Why would I do that?" she said sarcastically. "Please, I'm begging you... Mace. I'm doing this to save my butt... Jules has been picking on me since I joined the team..." he explained. "Please, Macy... please do this for me..."

As much as she wanted to say no to Ryan, she decided to help him do Jules' research paper. "OK, give me the details of this research paper..."

==================================================================

"Didn't you get any sleep?" Rica asked Macy the moment she saw her at the Math Org, sleeping. Macy woke up, and looked up at Rica. "Hey.." she said in a sleepy voice. "I know you, girl. You always try to finish all your assignments, but it's very unlikely of you to stay up all night to finish it..." Rica said as she sat beside Macy. "I had to finish a research paper..."
"For what?"
"For... uhh... Anatomy..."

Rica raised her right eyebrow when she heard her answer. "Since when did Engineering had an Anatomy subject? From what I know, you didn't enroll in that subject!" she said. "I know... I'm doing Ryan's paper actually..."
"Since when did Ryan had a research paper for Anatomy? He doesn’t have that subject, does he?"
"Yeah... but... this is..."
Just then, Ryan came. "Hey girls!" he said, smiling at both of them. "Hey yourself! Why did you have to ask Macy to do your research paper?!" Rica said. "Rica, don't be mad at me... I'm just asking her a favor to help me with my research paper..."

Macy took a blue folder from her bag, and handed it to Ryan. "Here's Jules' research paper..." she said. Rica looked at her with furious expression on her face. "Jules? You did somebody else's paper?"
"It's OK, Rica. I'm not doing anything, and I volunteered for it..." Macy lied. Ryan scanned her work, then smiled back at Macy. "Thank you so much, angel!"

Just then, a girl went up to Ryan and kissed him. "Come on, sweetie... we'll be late for the movies..." the girl said. Ryan said goodbye to them, and left with the girl. Rica and Macy just watched them, as they walked away. "I can't believe he's doing this to you..." Rica said, shaking her head. "It's OK, Rica... remember that everything's a secret..."
"But until when are you going to let him date other girls?"

Macy just let out a huge sigh and said "Until he's ready to commit himeslf to me, and tell the world that he loves me..."


To be continued...

0 comments: