Friday, June 8, 2007

Story - I will wait forever - chapter 18

I WILL WAIT FOREVER – CHAPTER 18 - Nemesis



Ryan was lucky that his professor for his first class has not yet arrived. “He’s late, I’m not…” he said to himself. He greeted his classmates, and took the seat at the back. He took out the book from his bag, and read it.

“Excuse me,” he heard a girl say. “Is this the Natural Sciences class?” Ryan looked up, and he saw Meg. Ryan smiled at her. “Hey, Meg! Yeah, this is NatSci 101.” He said. Meg looked at him, and smiled. “Hey, Ryan! I never thought we’d meet again…” she said. She took the seat beside Ryan, and they chatted until their professor came in.

================================================================================

Since Meg is new in school, Ryan decided to tour her around the university after their classes ended. He was supposed to have a soccer practice that time, but their coach cancelled the practice because of an emergency. After their tour, they decided to eat at the cafeteria. “And this is the cafeteria, where most of the students hang out.” He said as they entered the cafeteria. “Ryan, thanks for helping me out,” she said as she held his hand. “I know my cousin’s really busy, so thanks for taking time to show me around the school…” she continued. “No problem. Since you’re Macy’s cousin, consider me as your friend as well.” He said.

They were about to eat when they saw Macy enter the cafeteria. Ryan quickly saw her, and called her to join them. “Hey, Macy! We’re here!” Ryan shouted. Macy waved at them, and immediately joined them. “I never thought I’ll see you guys here…” she said as she took her seat beside Ryan. “I though you have a practice this time?”
“Well, coach said he will just meet us tomorrow. He has an emergency that he need to attend to.”

After a while, Ryan accompanied Macy to buy her food. They left Meg alone at the table. “Why does she have to bother us?” she thought after they left. She has irritated when Ryan just talked to Macy, and he ignored her. “What does my nerdy cousin have that I don’t?” she thought. The two went back to their table as soon as they were able to buy food. Meg simply observed the two as they ate. Ryan would help Macy with her food, or wipe her face if there’s a sauce on her face. “Don’t tell me my cousin’s his girlfriend… they don’t look good together!” Meg thought. After they ate, Ryan said goodbye to the two girls and went to his class.

========================================================================================

Macy and Meg walked together to their next class. As they walked at the lobby, they talked about Ryan. “I heard Ryan’s a really popular guy here in school. Is that true?” Meg asked. “Yeah, he’s really popular because he’s part of the varsity team.” Macy answered. “Really? That’s cool! He should’ve been hanging out with the popular kids here in school… well, no offense to you…”

Macy shook her head and smiled at her cousin. “No… actually, we became close friends because I used to tutor him in calculus way back in first year.” She said. “Oh, that’s cool… does he have a girlfriend?” Meg asked again. Macy wanted to tell her cousin about his so-called relationship with Ryan, but she had second thoughts. “Should I tell her? But Ryan haven’t told me anything about us…” she thought. “I guess I’ll pass for now… I’ll explain to everything to her in the future…”
“Cuz?”
“Oh, I’m sorry… you were asking if Ryan have a girlfriend right now?”
Meg nodded her head. “Well, I didn’t see him hanging out with some girls this week, so it makes him single for this week… only.” She said. “Really? That’s great!” Meg, said, smiling from ear to ear. “I’m going to make him fall for me… I swear…” she thought.

Just then, a car stopped in front of them. A guy got out of the car, and walked towards Meg. It was his boyfriend. Meg introduced her cousin to her boyfriends, and after a small chat, she said goodbye to her cousin and went with her boyfriend.

========================================================================================

“Justin… I’m ready.” Ryan said. They were at the study hall that time, waiting for their next class. Justin, who was doing his assignment, looked at him with a confused expression on his face. “Ready for what?” he asked. “I’m ready to be good boyfriend to Macy…”
“Are you sure?”
“Yeah… why? Is there something wrong?”

Justin went back to write his assignment. “Man, don’t be like that…” Ryan said. “Well, I’m just tired of hearing you say that… and every time you do, you’re in the arms of another girl…” Justin said. Ryan lean backed and smiled at Justin. “You knew that I’m just doing that to impress my teammates… but this time, I’m really sure.” He said. “Every time I see her, I’m falling more in love with her…”

Justin just smiled without looking back at him. “I see.” He just said. Ryan was a little irritated, and slightly pushed Justin. “Hey! My assignment!”
“I’m serious, Justin!”
Justin looked up at Ryan. “I’m also serious, man. If you can’t stop being a playboy, then don’t tell Macy that you want to commit yourself to her. You’ll just end up hurting her. But if you can behave yourself, then go ahead and propose to her.” He said. “Thanks man…”
“But,” Justin continued. “if you start to hurt her again, I’ll punch you in the face. I’m not kidding.”

Ryan simply gave him a doubtful look. “Are you sure?” he asked. Justin smiled at him, and pats his shoulder. “I’m not kidding.”

======================================================================================

The next day, their professor gave their project for that semester. “I’ll be grouping you into 15 groups. So it means, there will be two or three persons in that group. You need to investigate and research on your subject, and report your findings in front of the class.” Their professor said. “I hope we’ll be partners…” Meg whispered to Ryan as they listened to their professor. The professor called out the names that will be partners for the project. The two eagerly listened for their names, until finally, they were called. “… and the last pair is Ms. Meg Lorenzana and Mr. Ryan Santillan. Get your subjects on the table.”

Meg was so happy that she was partnered to Ryan. “Fate is on my side…” she thought. “Now I can plan how to make you mine…” she said to herself as she stared at Ryan. Ryan stood up from his seat to get their subject for their project. He stared at the paper that was given to him as he went back to his seat. “So what’s our subject?” Meg said as soon as Ryan sat on his seat. “I don’t know what this is, but this seems hard…” he said. Meg took a look at the paper. “Hmmm… Different kinds of pollutants and ways to eliminate it? That’s not hard…”
“I know, but sir said we have to cover everything.”

Meg simply smiled at him. “Don’t worry,” she said as she hold his hand. “we can do this project…”

====================================================================================

That afternoon, Ryan took Macy home. “Thanks for the ride.” Macy said the moment he parked his car in front of their house. Ryan smiled at her. “Anything for my angel…”

She kissed him on the cheek before she opened the door, but then, Ryan held her hand. “Wait…” he said. Macy looked at him again and smiled. “Yes?”
“I forgot to give you something…”

He leaned back from his seat to get his gift for Macy – it was a bouquet of red roses. She gave it to Macy, who was still surprised about his gift. “For you…” he said, then he kissed her on the cheek. “Thanks Ryan.” She said. Ryan kissed her again and said “I love you, Macy…”

============================================================================

Ryan just finished their soccer practice, when he saw Meg waiting for him outside the field. The moment he saw Meg, he waved at her. Meg immediately ran to Ryan. “Hey, what are you doing here?” he asked. “I’m here to tell you about our project. We need to discuss about the details, and we have to start soon…” she said. “OK, I’ll meet you later at the study hall.
Before she left, Meg, winked at him, and gave him a kiss on the cheek. He was shocked. His teammates saw this, and started to come near him. They were surprised with what they saw. “Man, that’s Meg Lorenzana… the cover girl…” one of his teammates said. “Man, I can’t believe he kissed you…”
“Is she your girlfriend or something?”

Ryan simply smiled at his teammates. “I don’t know…” he said, still in awe. “Maybe she likes you?” another teammate suggested. His teammates agreed in unison. “Guys… we’re just partners in our project… and besides, she doesn’t know me long enough…” he said. “But it still seems that she’s interested in you. Why don’t you date her so that you’ll know if she likes you? Besides, you didn’t have a new girlfriend since the school started. You used to have a lot” his teammates agreed again in unison.

Ryan didn’t want to date Meg or any girls in particular. He just wanted to focus on Macy, and he wants to prove to her and their friends, Justin and Rica, that he can be faithful to her. “After all the hurt I’ve done to her…” he thought. His teammates still badgered him about dating Meg, and he decided to give in. “One last time…” he thought. “Fine…” he told his teammates. “I’ll ask her out.” His teammates cheered for him.


To be continued...

0 comments: