Saturday, June 9, 2007

Story - I will wait forever - chapter 22

I WILL WAIT FOREVER - CHAPTER 22 - Missing you


The hardest part of loving someone
is knowing when to let go,

and knowing when to say goodbye...



"So how do you find Paris, Macy?" Drew asked as he turned the stove on. Macy, who's still chopping the vegetables, looked at him. "It's a beautiful place! I wish I could go around Paris before the school starts..." she said. Daniel looked at her, and smiled. "Don't worry, we still have two more weeks before the school starts. Maybe we could show you around..."
"Yeah! It's a good idea!" Drew said. "I haven't gone to my favorite places since last semester. My schedule is sooo hectic!"

Macy got to know more about her flat mates as the talked. Even though they really don't have to get part-time jobs since their scholarship covered almost everything, she found out that the three are still taking part-time jobs "just to keep ourselves sane", as Drew puts it. Drew works as an intern in a fashion magazine, Cynthia works at the cinema as a ticket seller, and Daniel works as a waiter in a nearby cafe'.

"Actually, Daniel really didn't have to work because..." Drew paused as he saw Daniel looking sternly at him, and making a hand sign to keep quiet. "... because he's the super scholar!" he simply said. Macy got confused. "Super scholar?"
"Actually, my mom still sends me allowance although she knows I have work here." Daniel explained. "Oh, I see..."

As they were about to set the table, Cynthia got home. "I'm home!" she shouted as she entered the door. Drew rolled his eyes and put his hands on his waist. "You're late!" he said in a sarcastic tone. "I know, I know! I have to cover for the other girl because she's late..." Cynthia explained.

Cynthia put her things on the table, including her groceries. "Wow! Goodies!" Drew explained. "Yeah I know! That's the reason why I'm late, so don't complain!"
"Fine! Let me put this away..."

Daniel helped Drew with the groceries. "How's your sleep, Macy?" Cynthia asked. "It's OK..."
"Actually," they heard Drew said. "Daniel disturbed her..."
"Hey, I didn't!" Daniel said defensively. "It's OK..." Macy said. "I was having nightmares, and good thing Daniel woke me up..."

Daniel smiled. "Is that the reason why you were crying why you're sleeping?" he thought. Cynthia smiled at Macy, and put her arms around her. "It's OK, Macy. We're just teasing Danie." she explained. "Come one guys," Drew said. The three looked at him, as he put the food on the table. "Let's have dinner. I'm starving!"

====================================================================

Manila.

Ryan just finished his class. He was walking at the lobby, when he passed by Macy's locker. He stopped, as he stared at her locker. She still have her name on it, but there's no lock. He carefully opened the locker, hoping she left something inside, but the locker's empty. He was disappointed, so he just closed the locker. "She's really gone..." he thought. It has been three days after she left, and he felt his life has been hell. "It's all my fault..." he said to himself.

He felt a pat on his shoulder. He turned around, and he saw Justin. "Are you OK?" he asked. Ryan smiled at him. "Do you want me to lie?"
"Yes."
"I'm OK..."
"Good. I'm scared that my friend would commit suicide anytime soon..."

Ryan started to walk away from him. Justin followed him. "Man, it's a joke..."
"I'm not in a mood for any jokes, Justin..."
"But making your life a hell won't make Macy come back..."

Ryan stopped from walking, and faced Justin again. "I lost the girl I love. I was not able to stop her from leaving. I've treated her badly. I've hurt her, and no matter what I say, I know it won't ease the pain that she's going through... tell me if my life's a hell or not." he said. "Ryan, no matter how hard you try, you can never bring back those times and change everything..." Justin answered. "Both of you have to move on. She chose to leave so that she can forget the pain... you have to understand that, Ryan..."

Ryan lowered his head as he listened to Justin. "I know you miss him... we miss her as well, Ryan. She's my friend too. And I know, you're the one that's hurting the most. She needs time to heal her heart. One day she'll be back, and I know, when that time comes, she'll be ready to love you again..." Justin continued. "And if she does not?" Ryan asked. Justin smiles as he put his hand on his shoulder. "Then, you're not meant for each other, and you have to learn to let her go..."

===================================================================

Back in Paris.

It was almost midnight, and Macy can't sleep. She's at the front porch, staring at the stars. It has been her second night in Paris, and she's starting to be home sick. She's starting to worry about her mom, and her younger sister, Lia, and she's starting to miss her friends. Somehow, she felt that she's also starting to miss Ryan.

"Ryan..." she thought. The night that she saw Ryan and Meg together in bed, she felt like a part of her died. She was shattered. Ryan told her before that he wanted them to be together, but he decided to pursue his relationship with her cousin.

"The only girl that I want to spend my life with is you..." she remembered him say. "I never loved her... they're nothing compared to you..."

She could feel the tears starting to fall from her eyes again. She closed her eyes to stop it. "Stop crying, Macy..." she told herself. "He's not worth your tears..."

She decided to go to Paris to heal her heart. She knows that as long as she sees Ryan, she wouldn't forget him, and forgive him for hurting her. It was her last resort. She also knows that as long as she sees Ryan with other girls or her cousin, she'll be hurt. She have to move on, and no one can help her but herself. Moving on is simple, but what makes it difficult are the things that you leave behind. She have to leave the places and things that would constantly remind her of Ryan.

She knows it's going to be a tough one, but she have to be strong. She have to learn to love herself first, and then maybe someday, she might find another love...



To be continued...

0 comments: