Friday, June 8, 2007

Story - I will wait forever - chapter 19

I WILL WAIT FOREVER – CHAPTER 19 – Fallen Angel


"All I ask is just a little honesty, though I know that you’re not coming back to me…"

Before midterms, the news broke out – Ryan Santillan and Meg Lorenzana are the hottest and newest couple of St. Joseph University. The supposed to be school project ended in bed, and since then, Meg would make sure that she’s always at Ryan’s side.

They were at Meg’s apartment, doing their school project, when Meg suddenly kissed him. Ryan tried to stop her. "Why, Ryan? Don’t you like me?" she said in a hurtful tone. "No, Meg… you’re pretty, and I know a lot of guys like you… but…"
"But what Ryan? Are you in love with someone else?"

Ryan wanted to tell Meg that she’s in love with her cousin, but before he could, Meg started kissing him. Being only a man, he was carried away. The long, passionate kiss ended up in bed, and the rest, they say is history.

Of course, Macy’s hurt about this, but she simply understood Ryan. She knows that he have to do his "because he’s the most popular guy in school." Knowing Ryan, she knew that his relationship with Meg would end soon, but that was what she thought. Their relationship lasted for two months. Justin was mad, because he thought Ryan would keep his word this time. He wanted to hurt him to defend Macy, but Macy stopped him. "I don’t want to ruin your friendship…" she said. "I did my best to patch things up between you two, I don’t want to be the reason why you’ll be strangers again…" she explained.

Macy wanted to talk to Ryan, but she never had a chance because Meg’s always by his side. Ryan also wanted to talk to her, but Meg would stop him. "What is it that you want from my cousin?" she asked every time he tell Meg that he have to talk to Macy. "I want to tell her something important…"
"Why don’t you tell it to me, and I’ll tell her?"

Deep in his heart, he knew that it’s still Macy that he loves. He tried to learn to love Meg, but she’s simply opposite Macy. Everything that she loved about Macy, he can’t see that with Meg. Macy’s understand, and Meg’s very jealous. Macy’s smart, but Meg is not. They would always fight about simple things. One time, they had a serious fight over his ex-girlfriend. They were not able to resolve it, and they broke up. The day after they broke up, Meg went abroad for a photo shoot. He was able to find a chance to talk to Macy.

He found Macy at the library. He took a seat beside her, as he watched her write her laboratory. "Macy…" he said in a low voice. Macy looked at him, and then continued writing. "Can we talk?" he asked. Macy didn’t respond. "My cousin might see us…" she said. "She’s not here…"
"But she might get mad at me…"
"We’ll just talk, Macy."
"About what?"
"About us…"

Macy looked up at him again. He could see her eyes are red and puffy from crying. "I didn’t mean to hurt you, Macy." He said. "I… I understand…" she could feel the tear were about to cascade from her eyes. Since the day she heard the news about him and her cousin, she would cry herself every night, until she could fall asleep. She would always dream about him, and when she wakes up, her eyes and pillow are already wet. "Macy, let me explain… please… I want to make it up to you." He continued.

They went to the chapel to talk. Good thing, there were no people around. "Meg and I broke up…" he started. Macy just looked at him as he talked. She was happy to hear about their break up, but she didn’t let it show. "I guess it’s really over this time…"
"Maybe you could still patch things up with her after she came back…"
"No, Macy… I don’t want to patch things up with her."

Ryan held her hand and looked her into her eyes. "Before we got together, there’s something that I’ve been meaning to tell you…" he said. "I love you, Macy. I wanted us to be together. Macy, I’m ready to tell the world that I love you… but Meg came into the picture, and…"
"And you started dating her." Macy said, finishing his statement. "It could’ve been any girl, Ryan. But why her? She was my favorite cousin…"
"I’m sorry Macy…"

Macy stared at the large cross on the wall of the altar. "Ever since we were kids, I envy Meg. She’s the prettiest among us, and their family is rich. She can get whatever she wants, while I have to work hard for it. And now, I still envy her because she got the man that I loved the most…" she said. He out his arms around her and hugged her. "Macy, you have my heart. From the start, you’ve always had it…"
"But you could never be proud of me… I accept now that we can never be together, Ryan…"
"Please don’t say that, Macy…" This time, Ryan’s already crying. "The only girl that I want to spend my life with is you. Only you, Macy. Please give me another chance…"

Macy looked up at him, as he wiped her tears. "Please say that you still love me, Macy…" he said. Macy nodded her head. "I do. I still do, Ryan Santillan…" He hugged her tight. This time he will be ready to tell the world that she’s the girl he loves, and he will never ever let her go.

==================================================================

Two days later.

They decided to have dinner together at his place. Ryan was busy preparing their food when suddenly, Meg came. "Hi, sweety!" she said the moment he opened the door. He was surprised when he saw Meg. "What are you doing here? We already broke up, remember?" he said. Meg entered his pad. "I know it was so unbecoming of me, but I missed you. Please give me another chance, please?" she said as she out her arms around her. He turned his eyes away from her. "I’m sorry, Meg. It’s over." He said. "Why? Is there someone else?" she asked. He looked her into her eyes before he answered. "Yes."

Meg was so mad, that he pushed him away from her. "No! You can’t do this to me, Ryan. I’m the one you love!" she shouted. He held her on her arms to stop her. "Meg, listen to me… I’ve loved her since the day I met her… She’s the one I want to spend my life with…"
"No! Ryan, I’m the one you love, not her! Please tell me that…"

Meg was already crying. Ryan didn’t answer her. "I’m sorry, Meg. I could’ve told you earlier… but…" Just then, Meg started kissing him. He stopped Meg, but she didn’t. Before he knew it, they were already in his room.

====================================================================

"I’m here!" Macy shouted as she opened the door to his pad. She turned the lights on, and placed the cake on the table. "Ryan? Ryan are you here?" she called. She went to the kitchen, and he saw the foods that he prepared. "He’s so sweet, he prepared my favorites…" she thought. She continued searching for Ryan.

She decided to go to his room. "Are you here?" she called again. There was no response from Ryan. She immediately opened the door, and what she saw shocked her. She saw Ryan and Meg lying side-by-side, naked. She felt her hands become numb, and she couldn’t think straight. She slowly closed the door, and the moment she did, she leaned on the wall, and slowly fell on the floor. The tears uncontrollably fell from her eyes. "How could you do this to me, Ryan… I thought you loved me?" her mind shouted. She lowered her head as she cried silently. "Why? Why do you have to do this to me?"

She stayed that way for several minutes. The moment that she was able to compose herself, she stood up and went to the table where she put the box of cake. She opened it. "Happy 18th month anniversary!" it says. She smudged the writing on the cake, and threw it. She left his pad with tears still streaming down her face. "It’s over Ryan…" she said. "Goodbye…"

===================================================================

He opened the door to his room to see Macy outside. She was not the same Macy – she cut her long hair, and she wore a short, formal dress. She looked prettier than before. He smiled at her. He ran to her and hugged her, but Macy remained stationary. "Macy! I missed you! I’m so happy you came back!" he said. He looked at her, to find sadness in her eyes. "Macy… is there something wrong?"

"I’m leaving, Ryan." She said bluntly, without any expression on her words. She was neither happy to see him, nor sad. He was stun. "Macy, please don’t leave… I love you…"
"I did love you, but it’s over. Someone’s there, waiting for me. I know he’ll take care of me… I know he’ll do things that you didn’t do… and most of all, I know that he loves only me…"
Ryan let go of her. She slowly walked outside his room, and he the only thing he can do is stare. "Macy!" he shouted. He ran outside his pad, and he saw Macy hugging a tall man. She looked at him lovingly, and she could see the happiness in her face. It’s a smile that he never saw when they were together. The guy and Macy looked back at him. "Goodbye, Ryan…" she said. Then, they walked away from him.

"Macy!" Ryan shouted. He opened his eyes, and he saw himself naked and alone in his room that morning. He remembered that Meg came. He was about to tell her about him and Macy, but she kissed him, and they ended in bed. "Macy…" he thought. He remembered that they were supposed to have dinner last night. He immediately put the blanket around him, and went outside his room. He saw a box of cake on the trash can. The greetings were smudged, but he can still read what it says. "Happy 18th month anniversary…" he read. "She was here!" He went back to the table and he saw the key that he gave her. "I blew it…" he said to himself. He was sorry that he got carried away with Meg’s kiss. He wished he just asked Meg to leave last night. "I have to find her… I have to explain everything to her…" he thought. He went back to his room to prepare, and to find Macy.

====================================================================
Justin and Rica were talking at the lobby when they saw Macy, walking as fast as she could. "Hey, Macy!" Rica called. Macy didn’t respond to her, but she kept on walking. "What’s wrong?" Justin asked Rica. She didn’t answer. Instead, she followed Macy.

Macy stopped in front of the bulletin board where the post about a scholarship in France is posted. She stared at it for a while, and then she took it from the bulletin board. The two saw what she did. "Macy!" Justin and Rica shouted. She still didn’t answer them. They followed her until she went to the Office of Academic Affairs. "What do you think she’s doing?" Justin asked again, still confused and worried about how Macy acted. "Let’s just wait for her to come out…"

Inside the office, Mr. Vicar greeted her. "What can I do for you, Ms. Perea?" he smiled at her. Macy put the posting on his table. "Send me to France." She demanded. Mr. Vicar leaned back and smiled at her. "I will. You will have to go to Baguio this coming week to..."
"I don’t care. Just send me to France next sem, Mr. Vicar. Send me anywhere…"

===================================================================


Justin and Rica waited until Macy got out of the office. "Macy…" Rica said. Macy looked at them, and gave them the news. "I’m going to France next month." She said directly. The two were surprised. "What?" Rica exclaimed. "Why are you making such hasty decisions?" Justin asked. Macy walked, as the two followed her. "It’s about time that I take that scholarship. There’s no use staying here at the university."
"Is this about Ryan?" Justin asked again. Macy stopped and faced them. She could already feel the tears about to fall on her face. Rica didn’t wait for her answer. Instead, she simply hugged her. Justin also hugged her, and she began to breakdown.

===================================================================

Ryan finally saw Macy. She was at the bus stop, waiting for the bus. "Macy!" he said. Macy saw him, and she decided to walk away from him. Ryan followed her until she was able to reach her. He held her arms, and called her. "Macy, please listen to me…" he said. "Let me go Ryan… I have to go…" she said. Ryan let go of her arms, and he watched him as she crossed the street. He still followed her, but he stopped in the middle of the street. "Macy please…" he shouted. Macy just ignored her. He knew how much he hurt Macy, and that whatever he does, she will never listen to him. He gave up, and decided to go at the opposite side if the road. Macy stood still as tears began to flow from her eyes again.

Then, she heard a loud honk from a bus. She turned back and she saw Ryan still standing at the middle of the street. "Ryan!" she shouted, but he couldn’t hear her. She threw her things and ran towards him. "This is the last time that I’m going to be your angel…" she thought as she run to save Ryan.

The bus is already a few inches away from Ryan. She pushed him until, they fell at the safe side of the road. Ryan was surprised, but when he saw the bus stop in front of his very eyes, he understood why Macy pushed him. Macy’s body was still over his, as she protected him. She looked down on him and smiled. "This is the… last time… I’ll be… your…angel" she said in a low voice. Ryan looked at her. Then, blood flowed out from his forehead, and she lost consciousness. "Macy!" he shouted. He tried to wake her up, but she didn’t open her eyes.



To be continued...

0 comments: