Sunday, June 3, 2007

Story (na naman na hindi matatapos) - I will wait forever - Chapter 16

I WILL WAIT FOREVER - CHAPTER 16 - Numb


Macy saw Rica staring at a post on the bulletin board. It was a good thing that she saw Rica immediately, since they were supposed to go to the mall together. "What's that?" she asked Rica, who's still staring at the posting. "Wait... I'm still reading it..." she answered. Macy looked at the post, and read it:

Be a scholar in one of
France's finest University!

To qualify:
  • You must have have an average grade of 1.75 or higher in your respective course
  • Must have a good moral character, and no records with the Office of Disciplinary Action
  • You must be willing to be trained in one of our training sites
If you're interested, please contact Mr. Vicar at the Office of Academic Affairs


"A scholarship in France?" Macy said as soon as she finished reading the post. Rica looked at her and smiled. "Yeah..."
"Are you going to try it out?"
"Of course not, my grades wouldn't pass the qualifications..."

They walked towards their lockers to put their things. "But I know someone who can win that scholarship..." Rica said. Macy knew that she was talking about her. "Oh no, Rica... I'm not yet ready..."
"Come on, Mace. Why don't you try it out?"

The truth is, Mr. Vicar already approached her about the scholarship. "You don't have to take the preliminary exams since your records already shows that you're almost overqualified for it... All you have to do is go to Baguio for the training, then, after that you'll fly to France..." he said. She turned down his offer, because she knows that she's not yet ready for it, and she'll be missing her family and friends, especially Ryan, when she go to France.

"I... I'm not yet ready... Maybe I'll try it out next year..." she said to Rica. Rica knows she wouldn't be able to convince Macy, so she decided to end the topic about it. "Fine... just promise me you'll try it out next year..."

===================================================================

After going to the mall with Rica, Macy decided to pay Ryan a visit at his pad. "Ryan..." she called his name as she knocked on the door. There was no reply from him. "That's weird..." she said to herself. "I thought he didn't have classes today..."

Then, she remembered the key that Ryan gave him the last time. She took it out from her bag, and looked at it. "Its about time that I use you..."

She out the key inside the keyhole, and then unlocked the door. "Ryan?" she called again, before she entered his pad. The moment she opened the door, she saw Ryan making out with another girl. She felt numb when she saw that seen, she didn't realized that she dropped the key.

Ryan and the girl got distracted with what they were doing. They looked at the door, and they saw Macy standing by the door. "Who is she, Ryan?" the girl asked. Ryan stood up and walked towards Macy. "Mace..." he said in a low voice. Macy tried her best to fake a smile, although she's already dying inside. "Sorry to came without a notice." she said, smiling at him. The girl stood up, and went to Ryan. "Hi! Are you Ryan's cousin?" she said smiling at her. "By the way, I'm Cheeney, Ryan's girlfriend..." Cheeney said, extending her hands to Macy.

Girlfriend... That word seemed to echo on Macy's mind. She wanted to tell her who she is in Ryan's life, but she realized that everything about them is a secret. "Secret... until when am I going to be a secret?" she thought. She immediately composed herself and smiled back at Cheeney. "Hi!" she said. "I'm Ryan's cousin, Macy." she said.

===================================================================

After a while, Cheeney decided to leave. Macy, on the other hand, was busy watching a cartoon on TV. She tried to laugh at the funny scenes in order to conceal her pain. After Cheeney left, Ryan sat beside Macy. He watched her as she laughed while watching the cartoons. "Macy..." he said. "Hey, look at that, isn't that funny?" she said between laughs.

"Macy... why are you pretending that it didn't matter to you? Why don't you tell me if you're hurt?" he thought. He stared at her, and he run his hands through her hair. Macy looked at him with a confused expression on her face. "Ryan?"
"I'm sorry..." he said in a low voice. Macy looked up at him. "Ryan... why do you have to say sorry each time I catch you with another girl, and then do those things again?"
"I... I don't know how to explain it to you... I feel guilty whenever you see me with another girl..."

Macy, held his hand and smile. "I know that you're doing these things to cover things up... I understand, Ryan... but sometimes it hurts a lot. I'm just trying to be strong for us..." she said. Ryan put his arms around her, and hugged her. "I love you Macy.." he said. Macy gave him a playful smile. "Are you sure?"
"Of course I am!"

He kissed her on the cheeks, and then he started to tickle her.

===================================================================

8 months has passed. Another school years has ended, and it's already summer. For the past 8 months, Macy was able to survive. From time to time, she would see Ryan with other girls. She would try her best to be OK, that things are as normal as they are, but after he leaves, she would go to the chapel or to the rooftop to cry. He would see her at the bus stop, talk to her, and comfort her, but she would pretend that she's OK. She didn't want to let him know that she's hurting inside.

Ryan was guilty as well. He was not able to spend much time with Macy just like before. He knows that Macy's hurt, but whenever he asked her about it, she would pretend that everything's fine with her. Even though he knows that he's hurting Macy, he would just do his old ways.

Summer came. And just like last summer, they would spend as much time as they could together. They even celebrated the day when they confessed their love for each other. They went to Justin's vacation house on that day, together with Justin and Rica. They had a camping that night to celebrate it.

===================================================================

Ryan watched Macy as she stared at the bonfire. "I've been loving her for a year, and yet I'm still not ready to be with her..." he thought. Ryan walked up to her and put his arms around her. "Are you doing OK?" he asked. Macy smiled at him and nodded. "We have been together for a year... I hope you're not getting tired of me, and my ways..."

Macy shook her head. "No, Ryan. I will never get tired of understanding you..." she said. "I'm sorry if I've been giving you nothing but heartaches for the past year... I'm sorry if I have been indifferent with you... I'm sorry I wasn't able to spend much time with you..."

She put his finger on his lips and smiled. "You're forgiven." she said. "I understand why you did the things that you did before. I told you before that I'm willing to wait for you, until you're ready... even if it takes forever..."

Ryan held her hand, and gave her a long kiss on the lips.

===================================================================

Days passed, and the summer ended again. Another school year will began, and they will be on their junior year and college. The four were together, as they enrolled for that semester. "Are you sure it's OK with you to be seen with us?" Justin told Ryan as they walked at the lobby. "But of course... they can't tell me who I can hang out with." Ryan replied.

Just as they were about to go the the Registrar's office, Macy saw a familiar face. She looked closely, at the girl, and she suddenly remembered who it was - it's her cousin, Meg.

Meg is little taller than Macy. She wore a tank top and a capri pants. She is a part-time model, and was once a cover girl for one of the best-selling magazine. "Meg?" she shouted. Meg looked at her and smiled. "Cuz!" she shouted. They ran to each other and hugged. "Cuz! I really missed you a lot!" Meg said. "Me too! I didn't know you're studying here!"
"Yeah, I'm a junior..."
"That's great! I'm transferring here because my old school wouldn't allow me to continue with my stints... so here I am..."

The three just watched as the two girls talked. "Isn't that Meg, the model slash cover girl?" Justin asked as they watched them. "Really? They knew each other?" Rica said.

After a short talk, Macy and Meg joined the group to introduce her cousin. "Guys," she said, "I want you to meet my cousin, Meg. Meg, these are my friends, Justin, Rica and Ryan."

Meg extended her hand and shook their hands. She last took Ryan's hand. "Cutie guy..." she thought. "Don't worry, you're going to be mine, Ryan..."


To be continued...

0 comments: