Thursday, October 9, 2008

Blue Moon - Chapter 1

Chapter 1: Fated

"You know exactly why I'm doing this, right Xiao Yu?" Yi Quan asked nervously. "You know I am willing to give up everything I have just to be by her side... just to have her again..."
"I was such a jerk when I let her go... do you think she will forgive me?"
"Will she still accept me despite the fact that I have hurt her?"
"Do you think she will understand... that everything that I am, everything that I feel... it's because of her? That I love everything that I have become and everything that I am whenever I am with her?"

XIao Yu smiled at him and sighed. For a man madly in love, Yi Quan sure is a blabber. He looked at his watch. Yi Quan still have an hour before he leaves. Guess he'll be stuck with Yi Quan's blabbering till he gets on that plane to Manila to chase his angel, Kelsi. "She will understand..." he said. "I could tell she still loves you..." He looked at Yi Quan. He was lucky to finally find his soulmate, that girl God have prepared for him. He was lucky to finally realize his feelings for Kelsi before it's too late. Unlike him...

Yi Quan notices the sudden change of expression in Xiao Yu's face. "Is there something wrong?" he asked. Xiao Yu looked up at him and forced a smile. "No... no... just promise me you won't let Kelsi go this time..." he said to him. Yi Quan nodded his head. There's no way he will let Kelsi slip away again. Not this time. This time, he'll make sure it's forever.

They heard the final call on his plane. Yi Quan said his goodbye to Xiao Yu. Before he walked away, Xiao Yu called him again. "It's gonna be a blue moon three days from now. You know what they say about blue moon. Make sure you're with Kelsi if you wish to spend the rest of your life with her..." he shouted at Yi Quan. Yi Quan just nodded his head and hurried to board the plane.

--

Luna stepped out of the tarmac, and looked around the place. She would not have gone to Taiwan if only she have the choice, but it was her grandma's last wish. Luna touched the pendant around her neck. She still remembered what her grandma said before she died. "Return this to it's rightful owner..." she said. But who owns this pendant? She knows that it has been with her grandma for ages, and she knows that it was her grandpa who gave it to her. Why does she have to find it's real owner and return it to them?

She sighed. She have been thinking about that logic since the day her grandma died. It was hard for her to convince her mom and dad that she have to go to Taiwan to fulfill her promise. They never understood. So she did all possible ways to be able to go to Taiwan... and her alibi is a scholarship grant in National Taipei University (which is coincidentally her grandma's alma mater).

She wondered why her grandma would want to have the necklace returned to its owner. What's the story behind it? She toyed with the pendant on her neck as she walked towards the airport's exit. Maybe her stay in Taiwan would be one hell of an adventure.

--

Xiao Yu was heading for the airport's exit, when a girl suddenly bumped into him. Xiao Yu loses his balance, and fell on top of the girl. "Ouch!" the girl shouted. Xiao Yu looked into her face, and saw something familiar in her... she looked exactly like... no it can't be. "I'm sorry..." Xiao Yu said as he stood up. "No, it was my fault, I wasn't looking..." she said as she gathered her things. He helped the girl with her things, she smiled at him then hurried to the exit. As he watched her leave, he noticed something in his hand. He held it up, and saw a crescent shaped necklace...

0 comments: