Saturday, July 14, 2007

Story - I Will Wait Forever - Chapter 31 Part 1

***note: Chapter 23 to 30 would be posted soon***


I WILL WAIT FOREVER - CHAPTER 31 - Correcting the mistakes - Part 1


Ryan was about to go to his next class when a girl suddenly bumped him. Her things scattered on the floor, so he helped her pick it up. After picking up her books, he looked up and he saw Rica whose eyes are already red from crying. "Rica? Is there something wrong?" he asked as he handed her her books. "No..." she said in a low voice. She looked up at him and gave him dagger looks. "Leave me alone!" she shouted at him, then she ran away from him.

Ryan watched her as she ran. He knows how much she hates him, simply because he broke her friend's heart. But, he could sense that there's something more to that...

==================================================================

That afternoon after their soccer practice, Ryan overheard Lyle, one of his teammates, bragging again to their teammates. Curious, he decided to join them to hear one of his misadventures. "... and so after she saw me with my real girl, they only thing that she could do is cry! Man, she was really a cry baby!" he said. He's teammates laughed as he tell his story. "Guess you guys have to give me my 5 grand... I was able to make her my girl for the week..." Lyle continued.

Ryan smiled as he listens to his story, but deep inside, he wanted to kick him for making a girl cry. "I feel sorry for the girl... she didn't know Lyle made her his girlfriend for a week because of a bet..." he thought. He had once made a promise to a girl, and made her cry, and until now he's regretting it. It didn't even came to Lyle's mind that the girl he broke up with might be the one for him, but he just played with this girl's heart.

"Actually, Lyle... she was still crying. I saw her a while ago, and when she saw you with your girlfriend, she ran away... poor Rica!" one of his teammates said. When he heard Rica's name, he remembered the time she bumped to him. "Could it be that it's the same Rica?" he thought.

"Lyle..." Ryan called him. "Are you talking about Rica Mariano? The Fine Arts student?" he asked. Lyle gave him a smile and nodded his head. "Can you believe it? She actually told me I was her first boyfriend! She was so naive!" Lyle said, then he laughed hard.

His smile disappeared from his face when he found out the truth from Lyle. He was the reason why Rica was crying a while ago. "This bastard... you can't do that to my friend!" he thought. He clench his fist as he walked towards him. His sight began to dim, and all he wanted to do is kill him. "Did you now that she's my friend?" he said in a low voice. Lyle didn't answer. Before he knew it, Ryan's already standing in front of Lyle.

"Man... I'm sorry, I... I didn't know..." Lyle stammered. Just then, Ryan let out a punch. Lyle almost flew from where he is standing. "You bastard!" he shouted as he got near him. He held him up then punched his face again. Their teammates tried to calm him down, but they can't do anything with Ryan.

================================================================

Justin was walking near the soccer field when he saw Ryan beating up his teammate. He took off his bag, and ran towards the soccer field to stop him. "Ryan! Stop it!" he shouted as he run to him. As soon as he's near Ryan, he grabbed him and took him away from Lyle. "What the hell are you doing, man? Are you trying to kill him?" Justin asked. Ryan took a deep breath before answering him. "That guy..." he said as he pointed Lyle. "He broke Rica's heart, cheated her and made a bet out of her..."

After he heard Ryan's explanation, he walked towards Lyle and picked him up from the ground. "You started a bet regarding our friend?" he said as he looked at him sternly. "I... I didn't know..." he stuttered. He's so furious for what this guy had done to his friend, so he decided to defend Rica. "Well, I guess you know now how Ryan defends his friend. Let me show you how I defend mine!" he shouted on Lyle, then after that, he punched him in the face. Ryan was surprised with his action, but he didn't let Justin do it alone. He joined him and beat Lyle till he's black and blue.

===================================================================

Fresh from their fight, Ryan and Justin found themselves inside Mr. Vicar's office. A lot of students and professors witnessed how they have beaten up Lyle that afternoon. Ryan could sense that Justin's a little scared if his dad found out what happened. He smiled at Justin, then patted his shoulder. "Don't worry, they'll let us off the hook..." he assured him. Justin looked up at him and smiled. "Don't be too confident, Mr. Santillan. I won't let you get away with what you have done to my son." Lyle's father said. Ryan became silent as he waited for his dad to come.

After a few minutes, Ryan's dad entered the room. "I'm sorry, I'm late. I had a long meeting with a client before you called me regarding this incident." Mr. Santillan said as he entered the room. He sat beside Ryan, then looked at Lyle, whose face is already unrecognizable. "Oh, my... what have you done to his face, son?" he asked.

For an hour, they discussed what exactly happened at the soccer field that afternoon. Lyle's dad want Justin and Ryan suspended at first, but upon seeing Ryan's dad, he just asked them to pay Lyle's medical expenses. It turns out that Ryan's dad is one of their important clients.

After making an agreement, Ryan and Justin went out of Mr. Vicar's office. They saw Rica, who was patiently waiting for them. "I heard what happened at the soccer field... I want to make it up to you guys..." she said.

==================================================================

"I'm sorry if I caused you too much trouble... you shouldn't have beaten up Lyle... it's all my fault... Rica said after she told them what happened between him and Lyle. They were at cafeteria that afternoon, and she treat Ryan and Justin for snacks. "It's not your fault, Rica. Lyle's really a playboy... he got out of hand when I heard that he dated you just because of a bet." Ryan explained.

Rica smiled at him. Even though she avoided him and got mad at him for hurting Macy, he still showed that he's her friend by defending her from Lyle. "Thank you, Ryan..." she said in a low voice. "I know a way to repay you, Ryan, but I just wish I know where you could reach Macy..." she continued. "She would only call me once in a while, but she never told how I could contact her..."
"It's OK, Rica. I guess it's better that way... I guess she needs more time..." Ryan replied.

The moment Rica spoke Macy's name, he began to miss her again. It has been almost a year since she left, and since then she has not heard from her. He believed that it was her who called him last Christmas, but she didn't spoke a word to him.

Ryan looked up at Rica and smiled. It has been almost a year since he last talked to her. "Finally, we're OK again..." he thought. "Ryan..." he heard Rica call him. "I know it was wrong for me to be mad at you, but Macy's my friend, and I see what she has been going through before. It was the reason why I avoided you... I just hope we could be friends again..." Ryan smiled at her and held her hand. "I will always be your friend, Rica... nothing has ever changed..."

===================================================================

"Why?" he heard Justin ask him as they walk towards his car. He stopped walking, and gave him a confused look. "What do you mean?"
"Why did you got mad at Lyle when you found out what he did to Rica?" Justin asked again. He took a deep breath before answering Justin's question. "Two reasons. First of all, no matter what happened, Rica's still my friend. I can't let that jerk hurt her... I have to defend Rica."
"And the second?"

Ryan looked up at him. "It's my way of correcting my mistakes..." he answered. "I was a jerk before... that's the main reason why I lost the girl I love. I know I can't make it up to Macy, at least I can make it up to her friend..."

He heard Justin made a sigh of relief. "What's that about?" he asked. Justin looked at him and smile. "Oh, it's nothing..."
"OK, then let me ask you the same question. Why did you got mad at Lyle, and why did you helped me beat him up?"

Justin didn't answer him, instead he walked towards Ryan's car and opened the door. "No fair!" Ryan shouted. "Answer my question..." Justin closed the car door and faced him again. "I can't let him hurt the girl I loved the most..."



To be continued...
Kasi wala na akong maisip....

0 comments: