Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Barkada Moments Part 4 - Death

Saturday.

It was supposed to be an ordinary day. For the past days, I haven't seen Coco online. All the while, I thought she was just busy preparing her papers for Affinity. Just then, around 5 in the afternoon, she signed in to her IM.

The first thing that she told me, is that her 97-year old grandma dies in her sleep last week monday. (Correct me please...) she was the lola who lovingly greets us when we hang out at Coco's house when they still lived in Sikatuna Village. She was like a lola to all of us.

I was surprised with what happened. I immediately texted Pie, informing her that about what happened, and to my surprise, she ALREADY knew about Coco's grandma's death. I was the last one to know. Nobody EVER informed me about that.

Her lola was cremated last Saturday. She died last Monday. If I have known, I could've come to her lola's wake last Tuesday, but as I mentioned above, I was the last one to know! I felt really guilty with that. Coco was there when my grandma died 7 years ago. I wanted to console her, but since it was too late, I just gave my condolences through IM.

I felt a little furious... why didn't my friends told me about it? I confronted Pie about it (although I really have no plan of talking to her) last Sunday, and asked her why she didn't tell me about it. She explained that she heard about it from Chris (our "so-called" tropa), she got a text message from her, thinking it was sent to all because of the word "Guys" on her message. Fine... Chris knows my number, but why didn't she even bothered to send me that message? I was mad because I wasn't there for Coco, and I was mad because I found out too late? Nobody bothered to tell me that! Sheesh!

1 comments:

ilusyonada said...

uy sensya na di kita nasabihan ha, kala ku kasi lam mu na kasi nalaman ni pie si mau nga di rin nya lam.. nagkataon kasi na nagtxt si xstine kaya sya nasabihan ku. hehe pero oks lang yun kahit di mu ko nadamayan.. peaceful naman ang pagkawala ng lola ko, tyaka expected ko na rin.