Friday, March 16, 2007

Story: The Reunion - Prologue

-=Prologue=-

"Just make sure you'll be there at the airport... Yeah I know... All right... Have to go now... Yeah I'll see you at the airport... Bye." Francis Castro hung up the phone as he rushed outside his apartment. "Today is the day..." he told himself as he start up his car. He knows that he have to rush to NAIA to pick up his childhood best friend, who he haven't seen for almost 11 years. "11 years... since she decided to leave... I wonder how she looks like now" he wondered as he drove to the airport.

It has been 11 years since he last saw his childhood friend, Sandy Gonzales. She decided to study Interior Design in Switzerland after they graduated from high school. He knows the real reason why she decided to study in Switzerland, and it's not just to study. "She wants to forget everything..." he thought. "But I just hope that she haven't forgot me yet."

====================================================================

Manila. Sandy thought that she can never go back to this place again. After 11 years of pursuing her dreams, she decided to go back to face her past. "I have to..." she said to herself.

She scanned through the crowd, hoping to see Francis. "As usual, he's late!" She muttered to herself. She decided to go back inside the airport when she heard somebody calling her. "Cassandra Gonzales!" It was Francis. "You're late. Again." She said. Francis helped her carry her luggages. "Haven't you heard of traffic? And, hey! I'm on time!" He said. "OK, fine!"

They were about to get inside the car when they saw another friend - it was Joey.

"Hey! Wait up for me!!!" he shouted as he ran towards them. Francis looked at Joey, smiling. "That," he said "is the late Joey Echevaria."

Sandy punched Francis. As soon as Joey reached them, he's already catching his breath. "Good... thing... you... guys... are... still... here..." he said between breath. Francis started to laugh. "Better get in, Sandy needs to rest before the big night."

====================================================================

"So how's your life in Switzerland? I mean, really?" Joey asked as soon as the got into the car. "Just like what I told you guys in my letters. It was a good thing I was able to get 3 months vacation after that very difficult project I've handled."

"That's great! I really can't wait to go to our High School reunion and see old friends. You know, Tanya and Philip's going to be there, and then there's Garie, and Rachelle, and Vanz..."

As soon as she heard the last name Joey mentiones, Sandy became uneasy. Joey noticed then, and realized that he should've mentioned that Vanz's going to be there. "I'm sorry, I didn't know that..."

"No it's OK, Joey. You don't need to apologize."

Sandy stared outside the window. Her memory started to drift back to a chapter in her life that happened 11 years ago in high school...


====================================================================

0 comments: