Thursday, October 18, 2007

runaway

There are two instances in my life wherein I attempted to run away from home. The first one was when I was in Senior Year High. I secretly put an extension phone in my so-called new room so that I can talk to my friends on the phone till the wee hours of the night. I usually use it at night, especially when my lola and my mom were already asleep. My mom knew all about it, since I badgered her about this since the day I got my "new" room. I was very careful not to let my grandma know about it, because she'll be very mad. She doesn't want to have an extension line because she thought it will make our phone bill high.
One night, my mom have to stay in the office because of her boss's birthday. I made sure my grandma's already asleep so that I could use the phone. In the middle of a phone call, my grandma barged into my room, and saw what I was trying to keep in my room. She was very mad, as expected. She even accused me of talking to my boyfriend, and told me some nasty things which I forgot. Whenever she's mad at me, I usually snap back at her, but that time, I felt helpless. Not only helpless, I felt like I'm ice cream which is starting to melt. I want to tell her that I only want to use the phone at night so that I could call my friends, since it seems a little scary going down to the kitchen just to use the phone. I want to explain to her that it's easier for me, since she blocks some of my phone calls. I just cried that time.
After that, I went to my room and took my Hello Kitty coin bank. I started to take out all the money, and being a rebellious kid I was that time, I decided to run away the next day. Well, I was not sure where I could go. I was planning to go to my aunt's place or my friend's place or rent a room beside school. I had Php 3,000 in my coin bank, which I was saving up for a mobile phone. Good thing my mom came home. She talked to my grandma about what happened and explained why I had a phone in my room. She comforted me, and told me to put the money back to Hello Kitty. I told my mom I'm planning to run away because of what happened, but she stopped me.
Eight years later.
I was kinda worried since my mom still came home from her supposed 3-day stay in the province. I'm not aware if there's any accident that happened these past days. I'm already thinking of going to the province myself to check on my mom. I decided to call my aunt to check on her. I found out they left the province Sunday morning, and reached Manila yesterday. When I called my other aunt (the balikbayan one), the building manager told me she hasn't came home. When I introuduced myself, she called my mom's name, and voila! I find myself talking to my mom!
OK, now I'm really pissed off. I shouted at her on the phone for not telling her whereabouts. I was worried the whole time (and ok... I missed her. A lot) and she didn't even bother to tell me that they're already hear. I was mad at her. I woke up in the middle of the morning because I feel she's not yet around. So I was saying this to her:
"P---! Andyan ka na pala, di ka man lang tumatawag sa kin! Umuwi ka na! Pag di ka umuwi lalayasan kita!"
And to make matters worse (a.k.a. to further piss me off), she just laughed at me. Here I am, a worried daughter, trying to find my "missing" mom only to find that she's just a few kilometers away from our house! Well, I want to get my revenge, so I took my bag and stuffed my clothes inside. I was planning to lock the room when I leave for work so that she won't be able to come in (insert evil laughter here). I decided to go back to sleep after making the props. By 12 PM, she's already home, and she noticed the bag on my bed. She just said "Talgang lalayasan mo ako ha?" I told I her I would, if she still didn't come home.
After lunch and after taking a bath, I explained to her that the bag is just a props. I really have no plan to leaving the house because I don't think I will survive. So she just laughed at me. She promised me she won't leave the house for the whole week since she have to do some errands (Yippee!!!!). I also threatened to cut her allowance, but she told me if I don't give her money, she'll leave me... so being the good daughter, I had no choice but to give her the money.

0 comments: