Sunday, December 7, 2008

Review ng Four Seasons of Love

Story Title : The Four Seasons of Love
Author : weepingangel
URL : www.winglin.net/fanfic/weepingangel2/
Reviewed by : xiaojun @ bubblePOP

Disclaimer/Warning: Since I do not know the writer nor vice versa, I have nothing against the writer. I have to admit that I am a strict reviewer, but that is only because I think that being a reviewer, I have to be honest to both the writer and myself and I'm here to help the writer improve on their next attempt. All comments are my personal views and may not reflect what majority of the readers think.

Appearance (Poster. Background, Font, Colors, etc.) - /10
Not applicable.
There's no poster/background graphic and the colour choice is Winglin's default colours.

Title 5/5
The main title "The Four Seasons of Love" and I love your sub-heading for each chapter.

Forewords - /10
Not applicable.
I normally do not grade this section for one-shot collection.

Plot 12/15
"Spring: For You in Full Bloom"
It was quite sudden that Calvin regrets getting married to Genie. But generally, the pace is alright.
"Summer: Hate That I love you"
I like the part where you keep changing POVs between the guys and the girls. Although it maybe a bit confusing at first, but after reading through that part slowly, it's actually very interesting. But I must say, I am more used to the commonly used names of these people (i.e. Danson for Yu Zhe, Hebe for Fu Zhen, Ella for Jia Hua, Jiro for Da Dong etc). And the ending is kinda sweet.
"Winter: Ti Amo"
Nothing much to complain about. Sad but sweet story.
"Autumn: Three Words"
It was nothing out of the extraordinary while reading it, but the ending was... heart-breaking. Although it's not right for siblings to fall in love, but somehow I was still hoping for a happy ending.

General comments - The plot for your stories are a bit over-used. But I still like them. It's always the simplest kind of love story that touches the heart of many.

Spelling, Grammer & Punctuation 6/10
Some typo mistakes here and there. You might need to get someone to help you proof-read.

Style 12/15
I'm quite fine with your way of writing. I find it quite detailed but not too detailed in a sense that it becomes a drag reading your story.

Description 8/10
Your description is quite detailed and while reading, it seems as if I was there with your characters.

Characters 8/10
Except for your first one-shot, "Spring: For You in Full Bloom", the rest of your stories I would say that it is not the very common pairings (Jir-Lina, Be-Bu, Chun-Ella). Something new and fresh for me.

Overall 13/15
I quite enjoy reading your story and the length of your story is just right. I would have like it better if you have a beautiful poster to attract my attention.

Total 64/80

64 out of 80.... hmmm... not bad nyahahahaha

0 comments: