Wednesday, November 26, 2008

What are you thankful for?

FYI. This was first posted last year on my other blog, http://astoldbykeisi.spaces.live.com. I'm reprosting it here because there's a lot of things I am thankful for, especially this year
Today is Thanksgiving. We don't celebrate that occassion here in the Philippines, but it's good to stop and think what you're thankful for once in a while. Here's my list of things that I am thankful to God.
I thank God for bringing me into this world, for I will never know my meaning and purpose. Though I am still searching for answers, and though I don't know the reason why I am here on earth, I thank Him for giving me the opportunity to live and enjoy life.
I thank God for my mom. She is my strength, my best friend, my everything (I know this really sound so cheesy). She was always there for me, taking care of me, providing for me. She was able to do her role as both a mom and a dad for me. With her, I never felt incomplete for she have given me her love unconditionally.
I thank God for my long-time friends. Those friends who were there throguh the years. They were there when I needed them most. I thank God for letting me meet such wonderful persons. I know we are all different, but we are bonded by that one true thing - our friendship. I know it was wrong for me to just suddenly shut my life from them just like that (in the past), but I thank God for making me realize that they are my true friends and that no matter what happens, they are still willing to be accept me. They were like the sisters I never had. I thank God for letting me meet them, and for letting them change my life forever.
I thank God for all the trials and challenges He gave me in the past. If He had not given me such trials, I wouldn't be able to learn a valuable lesson. I thank God that He opened my eyes, and made me realize that I am stronger and braver than I think I am. There are times that I want to give up, times when I question why He had given me such trials at a very young age. But I know He will nver give me something that I cannot overcome. I trust in Him that he will not give me a challenge that I know I could not overcome without His help
I thank God for making me single. Yes, I complain about being single but I thank God that I am. I enjoy every minute of being alone, at least I can analyze what I really want in life, and so that I can grow as a person. Maybe if I am in a relationship right now, I know I would want to be out of it. I have no worries about the other half being unfaithful, or me being pressured into doing things that I don't want to do. I thank God for giving me a long time to think.
I thank God for my first love. I know it was an unrequited love. I thank God that I was able to meet him and love him, though we can never be together. I thank God for the chance of letting me feel what it's like to be in love, for I have never know the real me if I hadn't been in love.
I thank God for him. For letting me meet him and letting me fall in love with him, though I know I could never have him. I am happy loving him from afar, and I will be contented with that. It would be too much to ask for me to be by his side forever, but still thank God that I met him.
I thank God for my job. It brings food to the table, as well as let me have my luxaries. I know there are times that I feel tired doing my job, but I thank him for making me come to my senses. I thank God for helping me do my job well, and for letting me love and enjoy my job.
I thank God for that one special person - the one he has prepared for me. The one I am meant to spend the rest of my life with. The one whom I will love and will love me in return. My soulmate. I know I haven't met him yet, but I thank God for him, for he's the only reason why I still believe in love. Maybe we'll meet soon, and I thank God for the day I will finally meet him.
I thank God for all the small opportunities that he gave me. Though I know I failed, I thank Him for making me be a better person after each experience.
I thanks God for all the father figures that came into my life. First there was "papa", my grandfather. He loved me dearly, and although I'm only got to be him for a short time before He took him from us, I am grateful that I was given the chance to be with a wonderful grandfather, a chance that my younger cousins have never experiences. I thank God for "daddy", my uncle, who loved me like his own child. Without them, maybe my childhood will be full of questions.
I thank God for my grandma. She took care of me when my mom's at work. During my rebellious years, we always fight. She was very overprotective and strict, but she always spoils me. It was later that I realized that the reason why she's strict with me is because of she doesn't want me to be taken away from my family.
I thank God for my talent. I may not be musically inclined or dance well or act like a pro, but I thank God that he gave me the talent to write. I thank God for the knowledge he have given especially when I needed it the most. I thank God for the wisdom He have imparted on me during troubled times.
I thank God for bringing those people who became my second family. The girls who have been my support. It feels good to be with them all the time, because I know that I truly belong whenever I am with them. I don't need to pretend that I am someone else whenever I'm around them. I can be as crazy as I want to be whenever I am with them.
I thank God for that one chance that he let me see him - my knight in shining armor. The guy who "saved" me from my heartaches and confusion. Though I was not able to get beside him or touch him or talk to him, I am still thankful he fulfilled my wish to see him in person. I know asking to be beside him will be too much, but who knows? One day, I'll be able to see him again and maybe we could even be friends (ha ha! as if! but still, I am wishing and hoping)
I thank God for the secret fans, those who look up to me, those who gave encouraging words for me to continue. They inspire me to do better.
I thank God for all the rare opportunited he gave me. I know there's a reason why I was given this. I trust that He will help me get through my next challenges.

0 comments: