Friday, August 8, 2008

Jiro Wang: "Everytime I hold my girlfriend's hand, I will think of my father."

Magbasa bago magreact ok?

source: UDN
translated by: x-WISHFULthinking@asianfanatics.net

‘Father’s Day’ is one day that Jiro Wang will never be able to forget. 12 years ago, on ‘Father’s Day’, Jiro was intending on buying his father a present and then going home to celebrate with him, when he found out that his father had had a bad fall in the bathroom. From that moment onwards, his father never got up again and 3 years later, he passed away.

The day before yesterday, Jiro flipped through his photo albums, looking for photos of his dad, tears slipping from his eyes. He said, “My dad liked to take photos of me, but I do not have many photos of us together.”

Jiro said that before his father passed away, his father had called him to his bedside and said to him, “Come, hold my hand.” At first, Jiro did not understand, but then his father continued and said, “I hope that in the future, when you are holding your girlfriend’s hand, it will be like how I have held your mother's hand; loving each other forever.” After having said this, he passed away.
Jiro said, “His words have always been in my mind, before when I had a girlfriend, everytime I held her hand, I would think of my father’s words.”

Recently, Fahrenheit went to Hong Kong to promote, and Jiro said that when he was at a beach in Hong Kong, he thought of his father again. He said, “My dad had always wished to live in a house near the coast, now I have the ability to buy a new house. I also want to tell him that I will take good care of my mother, fulfilling his wish.”

0 comments: