Saturday, June 28, 2008

Story: Fireworks and Shooting Stars

Prologue

"Come on! You guys are too slow!" Kelsi shouted at the four boy behind her. She continued to walk towards the top of the hill as she leaves the four behind. "Sometimes I wonder why we agreed to Kelsi's idea of going up to this hill..." Aaron, the youngest of them, started to complain as he catches his breath. Chun, the eldest, smiled at him as he tries to keep up with Kelsi. "It's Kelsi's turn to decided where we'll celebrate New Year." He reminded him. "Chun, don't you think it's about time we ditch this tradition? I think this is too childish..." Jiro suggested. Calvin, who was walking behind him, glared at him. "No Way! It's my turn to decide next year!" he said.

Chun, Calvin, Jiro, Kelsi and Aaron started this New Year Tradition since they were at the orphanage. Each year, one of them will decide where they will celebrate New Year's Eve.

The five have been together since they were young. All of them grew up in an orphanage, and since kids, they treat each other as a family. Chun is the eldest among them.He is like the father-figure of the group, since he's the one who always advises the four. Jiro is the clown of the group. He always brings smile and laughter to all of them. Calvin is the sunshine boy of the group. Just like Jiro, he brings life to the group with his wacky ideas. Kelsi is the only girl, and they treat her as a princes, although this is not always the case. She always looks after the four, and takes care of their needs. Aaron, the youngest, is their baby. He is the most talented among them, and he aspires to be a famous singer someday. The four always support him.

It was 15 minutes before 12 midnight when they reached the top of the hill. "Finally!" Aaron exclaimed. "I thought we'll be spending the whole year hiking." Calvin said. Kelsi gave them dagger looks. "Come on, guys..." Jiro said. "Don't be mad at Princess Kelsi. I'm starting to agree with her. Look!" Jiro pointed at the night sky, as it was filled with different colors of fireworks. "See? I told you so! The view here's more beautiful..." Kelsi said. Chun nodded his head, in agreement. "Yeah... I agree with you, Kelsi..." he said.

At the corner of her eye, amidst the firework display, Kelsi saw a bright moving object. It was a shooting star. "Hey, look! Shooting Star!" she exclaimed. Calvin gave her a skeptical look. "Shooting star? On New Year's Eve? No Way!" he said. The others were trying to find what Kelsi saw. "Really! I saw a shooting star!" she defended. "Hmmm... Can't see. All I see is the frieworks..." Aaron said. "Hey! I think I see it!" Chun said. He pointed at the bright moving object at the sky. Calvin, Jiro and Aaron were able to see it this time. "See, Calvin? I told you!" she said proudly. Aaron smiled at his two friends. "Stop bashing, guys! Let's make a wish. We can't make this opportunity pass us by." he said.

All of them clasped their hands and closed their eyes as they make a wish. All of them silently whispered their wishes, hoping it will come true someday.
"I wish we'll all be stong enough to face our challenges..." Chun prayed.
"I wish everyone will find their happiness..." Jiro said silently.
"I wish all of us will find the love we're looking for..." Calvin whispered.
"I wish all of our dreams will come true..." Aaron wished.
"I wish... I wish our friendship will last forever..." Kelsi prayed.

That night, the changes in their lives began. No one have thought that five years later, all of their wishes will come true...


0 comments: