Saturday, May 10, 2008

Change is a constant in a world of variables

I remember when I was in Senor Year high school, me and the girls made a list. It's a list of what we'll be in the next few years or so. My best friend was voted as the most likely to get married soo. The other one got voted as the most likely to get pregnant soon. They voted me as the person who will change the most.

Well, looking back, guess I really changed a lot. I must admit, when I was in high school, I'm still childish - I watch anime, I read Sweet Valley books, my friends are much younger than me. I still don't understand the world around me. I'm too caught up in my own little world - a world surrounded with academics, puppy loves, boy bands, rock music, anime, and childish imaginations. I was filled with teenage angst. I want to rebel. I want be the best. I want to get distinction...

Years Later...

Here I am, having this stupid quarterlife crisis. I wanted to do so many things. I only had so little time. I wanted to explore. I still wanted to be the best. I just want to enjoy what Iove doing the most.

Did I change? Yes. I was once a selfish brat. I never looked at the other side of the fence. It's all about me. I want to talk about me. I want to be accepted. I wanted to be loved.

And now, maybe I have learned to put others first. Maybe I have became mature enough to understand that what I did before, all my mistakes, are mistakes that young people do. I love without asking for anything in return. I still giggle like a kid. Maybe I am mature enough to stand on my own.

I have forgiven myself for all the wrong things I've done before...

I imagine talking to my friends a few years from now. They will ask, "Tin, remember the list we made in senior high?" I will smile and say "Yes... and you know what guys? You were right about me..."

0 comments: